Prom 2014


First off, when the world did my little baby sister get old enough to attend SENIOR PROM! I remember her and I getting dressed up to go to the father daughter dance- I feel like I blinked and 10 years flew by! Last night she attended her final prom and I felt it was mandatory that I showed all of you how absolutely stunning she looked and how much prom fashion has changed since I was a senior in 2010.



This is my flawless sister, Molly. She has her own sense of style and she totally owns it. She picked out her dress and purchased it from Stefanas in Cranston. She paired this fierce white gown with red stilettos, red manicure and of course an eye catching red lip. She rocked it and she KNEW what she wanted and didn't ask anyone’s opinion she went for it and totally nailed it!! Personally, the gowns bedazzled with head to toe rhinestones and cut outs all over are too much for me- I think her dress had just enough skin and was very classy.
 
Carrie & Molly prom 2010
My senior prom- In 2010 all of the dresses were patterned. It was rare to find a dress at any boutique that wasn't! At the time, I thought that it was a cool trend, but now that I look back I think that it was too much and I would have preferred to wear something one color. If I could redo my prom now I would totally rock an emerald green dress- it’s my color. I just love the way that the green looks with my complexion and eye color and I am pretty bummed that I never got a chance to wear a dress that color. 

Kaycie-2014 Senior


Kaycie wore my ideal dress- she looked perfect. Her skin tone and her emerald dress was striking and definitely a statement gown. She looked like she could have attended the MET Gala in this gown. The back of this gown was sheer with rhinestone appliques and again, the perfect amount of skin to both be revealing but also VERY age appropriate.  Her hair was pulled into a loose updo and her date gave her a bouquet of bright flowers that paired perfectly with the dress without over shining the beautiful dress. A+ ALL AROUND, I wouldn't have changed a single thing about her look. 

What dress would YOU wear if you 
had a chance to redo your prom?

Mom, Christen, Courtney, Molly, Bethany, Megan, Carrie
Our support system. 

After everything is said and done and no matter who you went with for a date, or maybe you just went with your best friends, prom is a day for every girl to feel like a princess! All the girls that I saw yesterday looked so beautiful and so happy to be there with each other- making the final memories as a high school-er before they move on to the big world. Like Molly, most seniors don't realize how much their lives are about to change... Growing up is a scary thing but if you have the right people by your side, I promise that you will make it through. So proud of my sister for being herself and making her own decisions and never letting anyone dull her shine! 




Comments

Popular Posts