Buy or Bye?


Don't you hate going to the store aka Target; seeing so many cool new products and not knowing if its worth the money? Well, that is why I am here. I have picked up some new products at Ulta, Sephora and Target recently and unfortunately not all of them were solid choices. Do not worry, I will be saving you and your wallet some stress and aggravation. 


I have been trying out these items for quite a bit now and I am sure that I have a pretty good review for each one. Hopefully some of these products you have been eyeing and I can either push you in the direction of buying or just saying goodbye to the pretty packaging. I am a sucker for packaging as well, so don't worry... you are not alone. Lets do this!

BUY 
You all know about my self-tanning addiction, and this adds to it. I don't self tan everyday but when I do I use this product and the spray version of this. This lotion is confusing, and I don't think I would ever explain a lotion as being just that. When I use this, I apply it directly to my legs and obviously rub it in thoroughly. The shade that you acheive is gorgeous but the formula is so watery and messy. I still continue to use it, yet every time I apply it I always say it will be my last. It just gives my skin such a gorgeous glow and it also contains no shimmer so it looks so natural. This product also comes in an aerosol type can which I have told you all about before. I use that to bronze my arms just because the watery "lotion" is too much of a hassle. The canned product does have shimmer in it so just be aware of that when choosing what works best for you. So truthfully; yes it is a pain to apply. but will I repurchase this product next summer, yes. 

BUY
This Biore bar is sent from heaven. I picked this up at CVS on a whim when I was on the hunt for a new mud mask and I am so glad I did. The packaging states that this bar is "designed to cleanse and exfoliate to draw out dirt and oil that clogs pores for a deep clean. Infused with natural charcoal and jojoba beads the charcoal bar draws out impurities and gently exfoliates skin." And it does just that. This bar exceeds all expectations that I had set for it and was worth every penny. It has a peppermint scent and leaves your skin feeling tingly and fresh. After washing it leaves your skin pretty dry, so just follow up with a facial moisturizer and you will be set to go. 

BYE
I have mixed emotions about this product, which is pretty tough when it comes to NYX because I usually love all of them. I bought this product from Ulta and before buying it I saw a Youtube beauty guru rave about this product. I was so excited to try it out and loved the color rages in this Baked Blush line. I purchased mine in "Sugar Mama" and this shade had zero color payoff on my skin. I swatched it on the back of my hand and seriously had no pigmentation and I don't get it. How could someone love this product and mine be a total fail? Did I get the runt of the batch?! I almost want to buy another one just to see if the other shades are better because I am shocked about this! I have tried to use it over and over because I am just so mad that its so bad. Do you own this product? Is yours better than mine?! But seriously, how cute is the bow on this packaging.. see; I told you.

BUY
I ordered this from Sephora because I needed only $12 for free shipping. Talk about spending extra money when you don't have to... ANYWAYS- I am so glad that I bought it. This is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy and it is so good. I am always on the hunt for a good chapstick and this stole the game, unfortunately it was $12 and I will have to continue to pay that since we all know how often we lose chapsticks. This product is moisturizing, non-greasy, glossy, soothing, healing, and non-sticky which is all the characteristics we look for in a chapstick. So worth it! I apply it every-night before bed and it makes my lips so soft and moisturized. I love it. 

BUY
Another product I didn't really need, but my obsession with "strobbing" lately is intense. If you don't know what strobbing is, it is the new trend instead of contouring. Basically instead of carving out and showing shadows on your face with contouring, you "strobe" or add highlight and light to the natural high points on your face. (apples of cheeks, chin, forehead, cupids bow, tip of nose) I am so shocked that my entire holy grail makeup look from last year has changed completely. I am now so into the dewy highlighted look and I have been loving this to add even more brightness to my face. This product comes in shades if you wanted to use it for concealer but I bought mine in Raident which is just used to highlight. The brush applicator is so easy to apply it preciesly to your face and then I just blend it out with my damp beauty blender and it adds just a little bit more "brightness" to my face. 


BUY
The display at target was just too tempting to walk by, especially with all the colors staring back at me. I will give Maybelline credit with their lipsticks. I have pretty much loved every single lip product that I have ever bought and this again, was just as amazing. The color payoff from these lip crayons is CRAZY. The color on the packaging is exactly what you are going to get. They call these color blurs meaning you can either apply it to the center of your lips and blend it out to get more of a sheer wash of color, or apply it all over to achieve a bright statement lip. Conveniently, the other end of this product is a sponge tip so that you can blend it out a bit if you are uncomfortable with the shade. They have a gorgeous range of colors in this line and I want to try a few more. Especially the darker plum shades for fall; ugh!! I think truthfully I just can't wait for fall and football... 
BYE

This product for me was a bit of a let down. First off, I would never use this as an all over BB cream because the shimmer that is in this is a bit much. I bought this item to apply it as a liquid highlight to my cheekbones and even then it wasn't that amazing. I would apply my foundation and then this product just to my cheeks and set with a powder to keep everything locked into place. You never want to apply liquid and then powder and more liquid ontop- it will leave your face looking super cake-y. Apply all liquids and then set it with powder. This product made my face look extra oily and even when I tried to mix it with a lighter foundation to add some extra glow it still made me extra oily and it seemed to break up on my skin. I am not a fan- not a repurchase for sure. 

BUY BUY BUY!
I am obsessed with Jaclyn Hill on Youtube- and obviously when she did a collaboration with Becca Cosmetics to make her own highlighter I HAD to have it. I purchased this from Sephora and since it has come in I have worn it every single day. The color of this product is so unique, its almost a rose gold highlight and it is the most gorgeous shade so perfect for every color tone. I apply this again to all the high points of my face with a Real Techniques fan brush. I have no other words for you because I cannot describe how gorgeous, let me just show you instead.


Also in that picture I am using the Mayebelline Color Blur with a nude gloss over-top and obviously my hair is shorter and even blonder! I am addicted!


 The highlight just makes your skin glow and makes you look healthy and bright. I cannot get enough of it! If you are looking for makeup tips and tricks check Jaclyn Hill on Youtube, she is amazing and does such amazing things, I will forever support any makeup colab she does! 





On a side note, this weekend we celebrated my best friends engagement to her fiance Alex, it was a gorgeous day to be with all our friends and their family. I cannot wait for all the fun activities and memories that are created during wedding planning. I love you both and I am so honored to be apart of your day. It is going to definitely be a wedding to remember! I can not believe that we are old enough to be getting married, life truly goes by so quickly. We are always so preoccupied with looking forward and counting down days until our next vacation, special event, birthday etc.. that we don't enjoy the present day right in-front of us. I recently signed up for the 100 days of happy challenge and I have truly been enjoying it. It forces me to stop and think about what makes me happy each day, to acknowledge the little parts of life and live in the moment. It could be the smallest thing, but if it makes you happy that is all that matters in life. If you are interested in the challenge visit the website and sign up- at the end of the challenge you can receive all 100 of your pictures that you took, why wouldn't you do it? What do you "not have time"? You don't have time to be happy- that's ridiculous. We only have one life, make a last impression. How do you want to be remembered? 


Comments

Popular Posts