Nail Polish Addict

One of the most difficult questions that I ask myself on a daily basis is, “What color am I going to paint my nails today”? I also have the problem where I think I don’t have ANY nail polish when in actuality I have over 50 bottles. I am a self-diagnosed nail polish addict. The first step is admitting it, right?



I have tried a variety of brands ranging from Butter London ($10) down to Wet n’ Wild (.99) and I have surprisingly found my favorite brand right in your local drug store! The Revlon nail polishes offer an amazing formula and an assortment of colors for everybody! A majority of my collection is from Revlon and I find myself choosing this brand over OPI, Essie and Orly- which are higher end polishes. When I paint my nails with any Revlon color I find myself being able to go almost a week without repainting my nails, they may last a bit longer but I get so anxious to paint them again!



I dug through my collection for all of you to share a few of my favorite colors,
 let’s get to it!

Current Polish Favorites 2014

From left to right we have:
  1. Essie "Fiji"- This is the perfect ballerina pink and with 2 coats your ready to go! Most pinks this color you need 4-5 coats to get the color pay off, but this color is very opaque. Best baby pink I have ever purchased! Way to go Essie! yay! 
  2. Ulta "Bam-Blue-Zled"- I am unsure why they called this a blue, because its more of a purple when applied to the nails. I think this is a perfect dupe to Essies "Bikini So Teeny" and a much cheaper alternative. This is the only Ulta brand polish that I own, BUT it is one of my favorites (obviously) and would definitely recommend this color to anyone. 
  3. Sally Hansen "Barracuda"- If you know me, you would already know that aqua/blue is my favorite polish color. I own pretty much every hue and YES, they are all different! I guess its a girl thing. This color is very opaque and the brush is perfect! All of the complete salon manicure line from Sally Hansen has this brush that is wide enough to only need one swipe across the nail. The best part is it doesn't leave any streaks behind so it makes painting your nails super quick and easy!
  4. Revlon "Fearless"- Who doesn't love a red nail? I have recently been seen rocking the red nails about a week out of every month. I just love the way red looks as a pop of color against a black top or dress. And of course you have to wear a red lip to go along with, duh! This shade of red is very eye catching and has more of a blue undertone making it really stand out. And again, this color will last a week without any chips! (IF YOU USE A TOP COAT!)
  5. Covergirl "Wine to Five"- I was pretty apprehensive to try a Covergirl polish since I don't really like any of their products but this one surprised me. I haven't worn this shade since the winter since it is pretty dark but this is a perfect burgundy shade that is very "mature". The formula is easy to apply and although it says you don't need a top coat with this line of polish, I used one anyways. I can't wait for the fall to wear this polish maybe with a glitter accent nail? hmmm we will see!!
  6. Revlon "Urban"- This is my go-to color, we all have one of those right? When I have no idea which color to pick I find myself going back to this. The color is very dark, almost black but in the sun it has this gorgeous blueish purplish color and its my favorite! I feel edgy and sophisticated when I'm wearing this color, that's kind of embarrassing. 
  7. Essie "Turquoise & Caicos"- From the 2010 Resort Collection this was my favorite, I do own a few others from this line but this one stood out. The color is more green than blue and unfortunately it does take a few coats for an opaque finish BUT once you achieve it this color is perfect. 
  8. Orly "Pixy Stix"- Last but certainly not least an idea bubblegum pink! Every girl loves a pink polish and this would be it! It is still dark but yet still a pastel and has a non-streaky formula. When I apply this polish it usually takes about 3 coats to get the perfect finish. 
TOP/BASE COATS ARE ESSENTIAL!!!!!!
Orly "Won't Chip" & Out the Door-fast drying top coat
**Don't even bother painting your nails without 
a base and top coat, they wont last!**

There is one plus side to this addiction, I have 
learned a few tricks I can share with all of you!

  • Use a white polish before applying a neon or a sheer color; like a primer. If you apply this white first either the neon will be brighter or the sheer will appear more opaque.
  • Fix a nail smudge by licking it
  • Use band-aids (sheer) to achieve a perfect DIY french tip
  • Apply multiple thin coats instead of one thick coat
I hope all of these tips will help & Go out and get yourself a bottle of Revlon Polish. They range from about $4-$6 which makes them a perfect fit for just about any wallet!


What is your favorite brand polish? Are you an addict?
 Let me know in the comments below! 

Stay tuned this weekend for a "What in my Purse" blog!

Comments

Popular Posts