Whats in my bag?



Love is in the air....
and I am in love with my new bag. Happy Valentines Day to myself, right? 




I recently stumbled upon this bag online at Nordstrom and the first thought that came into my head, "I must own this, no Carrie, do you need a $400 bag?!" The logical answer is no, I don't. I tried to forget about the bag even searched other high end websites for a cheaper alternative and no one could compare. During a recent trip to TJMaxx I wandered over to the purses and there she was. Before I could even stop myself I was swiping my debit card--zero self control. In my defense, it was half off original retail value.

Let me introduce to you, the Rebecca Minkoff "Bowery" Satchel. 

I love this bag for so many reasons, I mean, I better for the price. 

The style is perfect for everyday and with the longer shoulder strap it gives me options on how I want to carry it. I own 2 other high end bags, but they are seasonal colors so I can only use them in the summer. This camel colored satchel is perfect for year round and will match anything! The interior pattern is so adorable, I love wearing black and brown together; so this was just fate. 




This bag can hold a lot of stuff & I think it would be perfect for travel. I don't stuff mine too much because honestly, I hate having to carry a heavy bag. I mainly just carry the basics. 


This is the interior of the purse, adorable, right? Inside you can see just floating around is a few things. The inhaler and the tic tacs, those are self explanatory right? I have been using my inhaler after workouts lately, life saver... literally. I also have an extra pair of my prescription glasses just in case my contacts act up during the day. 

The lipstick you see is something new to the beauty fam. I was lusting over this during a recent Sephora trip and they didn't have it in stock. I went back a few days later and they had one and it was in the wrong spot; again... zero self control. I have only worn it twice but I already feel like it will be in an upcoming beauty faves! Let me give you a sneak peek! shh! 




The sunglasses I carry with me are also a favorites that I have never mentioned on the blog. These gold, blue mirrored aviator Ray Bans. I purchased these last summer and I love them! I was so hesitant to buy them because I usually lose or break every pair of sunglasses that I own, but these have lasted me almost a year! Someone please knock on wood! 


In the pockets on the side I have two different chapsticks. I just realized they are both cupcake flavored, can you tell I am on a diet? The chapstick brand was a stocking stuffer from beautiful sister, Megan. 

(HI MEG! I know you will read this! I love you!)

I love this mainly because of how it smells and tastes.. Who doesn't love the smell cake batter? The other is a new pick up as well. I am so hesitant to buy anything Covergirl. I just don't care for their brand, I'm sorry! I went for this product because of the packaging and it was on sale. I picked up the shade Cupcake which is very sheer if any color at all. That is perfectly okay with me because I use it as a lip-balm. 


Inside of the pink pouch I keep some extra things that I don't normally reach for. I do this just because I don't want my bag to be unorganized and to make it easy to reach for a chapstick. We all know that reach to the passenger seat for your chapstick that is buried in the bottom of your purse; SOMEWHERE?! I got this makeup bag for free from Ulta for a beauty purchase and it fits perfectly in here! 

It may look like its small, but its filled with a lot of stuff; that right.. stuff. Lets take a deeper look at whats REALLY in there. 


When doing this I realized, I have 2 wall ports for my phone charger- but no cord, Genius Carrie. Most of these items are pretty original, I will go over the not so basic items. The lipgloss shown is a Revlon Super lustrous in Super Natural, I think I have mentioned this item before. I love this gloss; just super sheer and extra glossy without leaving your lips sticky. The perfume is Bath and Body Works in A Thousand Wishes, I love this; I also own the full size bottle. It smells very luxurious, I'm into that. However I am on the last few sprays, do you recommend any other roller ball or travel size perfumes?  The flat blue package is oil absorbing sheets. Again, thanks Meg! I reach for these more in the summer time after a long day in the sun. I am not very oily all over my face but just on my forehead in the summertime. These absorb all of the excess oils and will keep your makeup looking fresh. If you don't carry these in your bag yet, this is the one item I suggest. Even if you don't think you are oily; use one. See how much excess is removed from your skin, it is amazing. 



Last but not least, my wallet. This is a gift I received for Christmas a few years ago and I love it. And I love it even more because it goes beautifully with my new bag! This is the Michael Kors Jet Set Travel leather wallet. I mean, a wallet is a wallet and I keep the basics inside. Debit card, insurance card, license, credit card and cash... and maybe a sundaes frequent flyer card...the necessities, duh! 


I didn't include my phone because I was using it to take pictures; but that is an obvious add on. This bag was a splurge and I am not suggesting that you just go out and buy a bag just because. There are a lot of alternatives to this purchase that you can find at Target, Kohls or even TJMaxx. I am all for, treating your self...occasionally. If you really want to splurge on a back; do your research first make sure it is what you really want. Put some money aside each week and before you know it, it will be yours! 


It is currently 57 degrees outside right now on February 1st. I was anxious to get up and get the day going! Made a smoothie, wrote this post and now off to the gym! I have been loving my time at the gym, its ME time. Put in my headphones and just zone out and forget about any stress in my life. I am embarrassed that I waited this long to join the gym, but all that matters is that I am going now. 


One step at a time; I will get to where I want to be. 
After all, the best is yet to come. 

Comments

  1. Another great post Carrie!! Any thoughts on the Kylie Jenner glosses? I want to try it buttttt I don't want to spend the money if it stinks!:/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts