the best of the best

Alright ladies and gents, its here. The best of the best are entering the ring (or blog) today and its about to get real. I have tested a million products from a million different brands and I think I have a solid array for all of you. Each drugstore makeup brand really seems to have their specialty and I think I have covered each drugstore brand in this post except Covergirl. I just haven't fallen in love with any of their products and I don't want to just add something here if I am not 100% certain; I would never lie to you guys, you're my people. 

Lets get started; ROUND 1- CONCEALER 

Revlon Photo Ready Concealer- $10.99 ULTA 

This stuff is like butter; but the kind of butter that you want to put on your face that won't make you break out. It is so soft and creamy it blends into your skin like a dream. I don't have breakouts often, but I do have Rosacea on my cheeks and I use this to try and and coverup some unevenness. One of the best things about this concealer is the packaging; I can use the lipstick type applicator and apply it right to my face. From there I will use a damp beauty blender and just sheer it out so that it doesn't look cake-y underneath my foundation which I apply next. I also have applied this to my under-eyes and blemishes and it is perfection. 


Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy+Smooth- $7.99 ULTA

So, for foundations I have two options. I'm sorry, I can't choose, don't make me choose! This foundation is something that I use in the spring and summer months. 
Also FYI: 31 DAYS UNTIL SPRING! 
I love the winter, but I am only dreaming about the amazing summer that I have ahead of myself! This foundation I apply with a damp beauty blender and it leaves my skin looking so dewy and healthy. It blends seamlessly into the skin, its lightweight and doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever. I would say this is a better foundation for normal to dry skin. If you have more oily skin I would be sure to set this with a loose powder or a pressed powder. I can't wait to use it again, 31 days, just 31 days... 

Revlon Colorstay- $12.99 ULTA

This is my fall/winter foundation. It isn't a full matte finish but it isn't nearly as dewy as the Maybelline. I apply this with a buffing brush to my freshly moisturized skin and I will set this with a powder to ensure that it lasts all day. One of the best things about this line is that it has a beautiful color range and it can suit any skin type. I have the normal to combination skin but they also offer an oily skin type which is awesome. This blends into my skin so well and it won't settle into any fine lines. It claims 16hr wear; I wouldn't go that far but I have probably worn it 10 hours and I would agree it wears very well. My T-zone will not show any breakthrough oil spots and no extra powder touch-ups needed. 

ELF Bronzer Palette- $6.00 TARGET

I raved about this in a recent blog post but it is my favorite so I am going to tell you again. Shame on you if you haven't gone out and purchased this golden product yet. For $6 HOW DO YOU SAY NO! I use this product every single day, I don't reach for anything else in my draw. This is it. These bronzers are such an amazing quality for the price. I am currently only using the shade in the top left since I am still super pale from the winter. If you were into contouring the bottom right shade would be perfect. It is the perfect shadow color for right under your cheek bone. The shade on the top right has a bit of a shimmer and I can't wait to dig into that once it gets warmer! I have swatched it and the gold shimmer is just gorgeous. How much longer? 31 days.. 31 days...
ELF High Definition Powder- $6.00 TARGET

PSA: THIS STUFF MAKES A MESS! Don't say I didn't warn yah. 
After I apply my concealer and foundation I apply this all over my face lightly with a big fluffy brush. It locks everything into place and I can promise you I have never used a powder like it. I don't know why or how this stuff works but it is truly magic. If you are looking for a setting powder that is going to add coverage this is not it. This is just going to lock everything into place and make your skin matte. A little tiny bit goes a long way so don't go overboard especially because it is a white powder, it will leave a white cast if you use too much. 
Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore- $9.29 CVS

This blush may be called Berry Amore but it is much more of a rosy pink once it is applied. Their is gold streaks throughout this blush and it just adds even more of a healthy glow to the cheeks. Apply this product with a light hand because its color really packs a punch. If you apply too much it is very easy to blend this product out so don't freak out. Now, if you wanted to skip highlight with this blush you definitely could because it adds such a gorgeous glow. Unless you are like me, the more highlight; the better. 


Physicians Formula Peach Glow Bronzer- $12.99 CVS

NOW, this is the best drugstore highlight that you will ever find. EVER. I am obsessed with this palette. Now when this was released it was supposed to be a dupe for the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks which retails for $46, and I wish I was kidding about that. I would never tell anyone to buy that especially when this is such a gorgeous highlight. This packaging does state its a bronzer; I would not recommend you use this all over your face. You will look like a disco ball. Now, if you're into that; rock it. BUT if you want to use it as a highlight, I just sweep my brush gently over all the shades and apply it to the high points on my face. My cheek bones, temples, tip of my nose, cupids bow and chin. Use a light hand because it is so pigmented! I have even used this as an eye shadow; using the lightest shade for my inner corner, the medium brown all over the lid and the darkest for a crease. It looks perfect in the summer with a tan; and we are back to the same question: how many days?

   Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush- $7.99 ULTA

I rave about this in basically every blog post. These are my favorite shadows, hands down. High-end to drugstore; these are the best. You can apply this to your lids with your fingers or with a brush and it applies flawlessly. When I apply this I use this all over the lid and then I will use a brown shadow or even a bronzer and just blend that into my crease. It adds just a bit of dimension especially using a matte shade against the shimmer of the shadow. SO BEAUTIFUL! 

Rimmel Scandaleyes in Bulletproof Beige- $4.49 ULTA

So as an alternative to the shadow this is another taupe rose-y gold shadow stick. This shadow stick you can just glide right onto your lid and run out the door. This shade is so beautiful and perfect for everyday. It is a creamy formula and won't crease in your lids, perfect and easy for anyone to apply. They offer a bunch of different shades and they would definitely have something you'd like. 
Maybelline the Falsies Push up Drama- $8.99 ULTA

I was having a hard time loving this when I first purchased it; but now I am on my second tube. I always curl my lashes first, always. Once I curl my lashes and apply this I don't have any problem with clumping. I have read a bunch of reviews of this product and everyone seems to hate it. I don't know if I just like thick, bold lashes; or if people don't know what they are talking about. I use this product everyday and it gives my lashes the perfect length, and volume. I will say that it does not separate your lashes; BUT if you curl your lashes that will help separate them before hand. It is a wet formula which I prefer in a mascara, it makes it easier to mold how your lashes will set. If you want even more control of how it sets you can purchase clean mascara wands at Sally's beauty salon and brush through your lashes to define and separate. I love this, and I always get compliments on my mascara, try this. I need someone else on my side. I do not joke when it comes to my mascara. 

Applying mascara is an art form that I take very seriously. 


Essie in Fiji- $9.00 TARGET

This is my go-to shade when I am unsure what color to paint my nails. And what blows my mind is that some days; my hardest decision is what color should I paint my nails. I live a very difficult life. 

This shade of pink is perfect for anytime of the year and for any skin tone. It is so opaque and with just 2 coats you will achieve this perfect pink shade. The brush applicator is just your standard polish brush and I always begin and finish with my Revlon Gel Ready top/base coat which can also be purchased at Target. 

THE FINAL ROUND; LIPGLOSS


Almay Color+Care Liquid Lip Balm in Rosy Lipped-$5.99 ULTA

How a lipgloss can be so hydrating I am unsure, but this stuff is awesome. It makes your lips hydrated yet flirty with the glossy finish. It is a sheer shade, and in this particular shade it is just nude so it looks like your lips but better. You could use this every day, it prevents chapped lips, and keeps them nourished. And for only $6? And Carrie Underwood is their spokesperson; uh YES. I will buy anything that she promotes, she is GOALS. 

I may have looked up her leg workout after this weeks Grammy performance. 
I am not ashamed. 




I cannot add a lipstick to this blog post; because I would have to include probably 10. If you are interested in seeing a top lipstsick/lipliner blog post please let me know! I swear on all the products that I have posted above and it has taken me quite some time to find what works best for me and my skin type. If you can budget to purchase each one of these products I promise that you would not be upset. They are all an amazing addition to your beauty collection and all perfect for every day use. Nothing is too dramatic; but you could definitely dress them all up. I tried to choose a product for each step; so this could complete an entire look in one post. Try em' out, send me a selfie. I want to see your beautiful face! 

Now lets continue this countdown, how many more days? 

Comments

Popular Posts