5 products I wouldn't repurchase

Can we just start off with its June 2nd already?
 It was a month of fun filled activities but I am anxious to see what June has in store for me. 

I thought instead of posting my May Favorites this month, I would share a few products that I have recently purchased that I didn't care for. NOW, some of you may love these items but for me, they just didn't work. These 5 products were all purchased at Target so if you are interested in trying them (because you don't trust me) you can scoop them up there.



The first product I purchased was Organix Nourshing Coconut Milk. I figured I would give this a try because since I highlighted my hair I thought using something like a nourishing balm would give it more shine and texture... I was wrong, unfortunately. This product weighs down my hair and makes it have absolutely no volume.  Not only that, you apply this after you shower to clean hair and I found that this serum leaves my hair greasy and sticky. I tried out this product twice just to see if maybe I had applied too much and that was why my hair was greasy- but that wasn't the case. I will never repurchase this product, and I am currently still on the market for a new nourishing serum so let me know if you have any suggestions!

This may be a bit bizarre, but I wanted to try out the Aveeno Eczema Therapy for Babies. In a previous post I told you how much I love the Eucerin Intensive Care for Eczema but it isn't for the face. The Aveeno product states, "Relieves dry, itchy, irritated skin" and this is not what the product did for me. Since it is for babies I thought that it would be extra gentle and would apply like a lotion, and it doesn't. This "moisturizing cream" is like a bottle of grease. It is so oily and it doesn't even moisturize into your skin it just sits on top. I would apply it at night to the trouble spots and in the morning it would still be there, just oil and grease on my skin which resulted in me breaking out! This was a nightmare for me, guess I am going back to ol' faithful Eucerin cream! 

I was intrigued by the St. Ives Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange Body Wash because of the color. And I mean what girl wouldn't be, its pink! I picked up this product off the shelf, smelt it and instantly had to have it; it was also on sale so that helped too! The smell from the bottle is smells fruity and romantic, not when your showering. When I applied this for the first time in the shower all I could smell were Christmas trees. I know, it sound really strange but I cannot get past the scent anymore! The smell is really potent, which would be amazing if it actually smelt like "pink lemon and mandarin" but I don't want to smell like a Christmas tree in June, sorry. 

Since Target doesn't sell the Clean&Clear Nigh-time Makeup Wipes I wanted to try this product instead. I was intrigued by what the bottle claimed it would do for me. This is the Maybelline Clean Express Gel. You would apply the gel to a cotton round and remove your eye make-up. It does actually remove your makeup pretty well but my problem was after the makeup was gone. This gel leaves your eyes and under eyes extremely dry! I would apply lotion and under eye cream and my eyes would still feel like the desert, it was awful! I tried to use this a few times just because it does actually remove the mascara but it isn't worth having the dry skin. I will say that it is very gentle and a good product it just wasn't for me- but some of you may love this; I would give it a try.

I give in on cute packaging and this mascara is adorable and I still love the bottle, but not the formula. I need a mascara that will last me all day, giving me volume, curl and not a single flake. This mascara does none of that for me. It will apply nicely and give me a solid curl and volume but by lunch time my lashes look dull and flat. When I get home for the day I notice that the mascara will be flaked off and I look like a raccoon. I will never wear this mascara again and I honestly wouldn't recommend it to anyone. 

Again, these products didn't work for me, but maybe you would like some of them! I like to know what people don't like because I wouldn't want to waste my money. Let me know your ideas on what products you wouldn't repurchase or your MUST haves so I can try them out!

Stay Tuned this weekend for a new blog post!! 
What do you guys want to see next? 

xoxoxo

Comments

  1. I know I'm over a year late commenting but I just discovered your blog and am binge reading!! I love all your posts! I wanted to say that I wholeheartedly agree on the mascara. I felt like I needed to apply 4-5 coats before I saw a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts