Love is Sweet

Yesterday was a perfect day for the perfect bride to be! We have been planning and crafting for weeks now and everything came together for my sister who will be getting married on September 20th. I am so grateful that she chose me to stand next to her on her wedding day as her maid of honor. I love you Beth and Jordan; next stop, Bachelorette Party!!


            I wanted to share with you some of the DIY projects that we put together for the party maybe gives you some inspiration to get crafty! With the help from my mom, aunt and cousin we made our “Love is Sweet” vision come true!


The table settings were my favorite part! Each guest had a rock candy lollipop placed in the center of their plates with a bow inspired napkin. In the center of each table we had 3 mason jars, one with daisies, one with confetti and one with popsicle sticks so the guests could write date night ideas on each one! Each mason jar was wrapped with burlap and colored ribbon and these were all hand done as well as the paper napkins. It was adorable! Detail, detail, detail!! 

The "Miss to Mrs" banner hung over the food table, each letter was traced from a stencil and then cut out and glued to the brown parchment paper. Each brown square was then hole punched and strung with thick twine to keep with the theme. This was also hand-made. 
First off, I can't believe that in 84 days she is getting married!! This adorable chalk board sign was hand made and was originally just a white canvas purchased from Michaels. We painted it all black with "X" patterns to make it appear more "chalkboard" and then with chalkboard markers we wrote right onto it. It came out awesome and was perfect for the bride to take pictures with! I'll share with all of you some of those pictures at the end!


The tissue balls are a hassle to make, but they always look so romantic hanging from the trees, is that weird? Each tissue ball we used about 10-16 pieces of tissue paper, we found out with trial and error that the more paper, the better! You just stack your tissue paper and then fold them into an accordion, after secure the middle with a twist tie and start to gently pull apart your folds. Fluff up the ball a little bit and viola! Tissue balls are complete! (Some always come out better than others). Also we did small ones for the backs of the chairs and for those we only used 1/2 of a full sheet of tissue paper and only 5 pieces. 


Believe it or not, but the dress was also a DIY and comes along with a precious love story! The dress that my sister is wearing is the same dress that she wore to her sophomore prom with her now fiance. It was a long princess dress and my aunt cut and hemmed the dress so that she could wear it again for her special day. She looks like the perfect princess that she is! Everyone LOVED it and I am sure that everyone will love it even more once they know about the love story that came along with it. You may not be able to tell but the wine glass is also a DIY-my cousin (partner in crime) made this wine glass for her with detailed hand painting on it! The monogram was placed on by the help of Kay Dee's Bag Boutique, they are just so crafty! Check out her Facebook page for amazing products!


All 10 BRIDESMAIDS!

My aunt bought all of us these AWESOME hangers for bride and bridesmaids! Ours obviously had our names on them and Bethany's had her "new" last name! The dresses are going to look even more beautiful hanging from these on the wedding day! 


I told you that it was going to be a summer of fun with my cousin and I! And it didn't stop after the party yesterday! We headed over to Chardonnays with family because we NEEDED a sangria to celebrate the success of all our hard work! I couldn't have asked for a better day yesterday, and all I wanted was for Bethany to be showered with love. If you attended the party yesterday, thank you so much for being there and being apart of her special day. I couldn't have done it all without the support and guidance  Our Love is Sweet dessert buffet was everything I hoped it would be and more!  

Comments

  1. Awesome Job!! It looks perfect. I'm sure Beth had a blast. I can't wait to see more wedding pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts