New Adventures in 2016

Phew, that was a short break! I am so happy to be sitting down right now, feet up, coffee within arms reach and country music playing in the background. My happy place. 


I am a simple soul, I don't ask for much. Surround me with people I love and that is that. I would much rather be at home hanging out than bar hopping. I mean; that is also a pretty fun time, don't get me wrong. I am known as the LOTP (life of the party)- not to brag or anything. 


I am going to try my very hardest to get a new blog up for you guys every Monday. I'm getting myself on a schedule this year, I have to buckle down and get myself in order. I recently joined the gym and I am actually very excited about this new adventure! I am first to complain about my jeans being too tight; but not act on it. So in 2016, I will be starting a new lifestyle & new habits. I'm anxious to get into the gym and starting to change my life into a healthy one. Maybe a few new blog posts with feature some recipes and quick 30 minute workouts--ekk!! I can't wait to see where this path takes me! 2016 is going to be my year; watch me. 




With all of these exciting changes I have also been experimenting with my "look." I have been using all new products from shampoo to toothpaste- I'm serious. I do it all for you guys. 


My skin has been dryer than the Sahara desert lately especially under my eyes and nose. This is so moisturizing and cooling on the skin. I apply this before makeup & at bedtime to boost the moisture. As soon as I apply this it absorbs right into my skin leaving it super smooth and I can apply my foundation right away. It smells very clean and refreshing. I put this on my mom this weekend and she also loved it! She said it felt really cool on her skin and light weight. They also make this in an under eye moisturizer and I would love to get my hands on that! I am a huge fan of Neutrogena face products, never any complaints or breakouts with them! 

The gods have answered my foundation prayers!! This goes on perfect with a foundation brush and sets perfectly with a loose powder. I have been setting it with the ELF high definition translucent powder and it will stay locked in place all day long. I feel like the coverage is more of medium coverage with a foundation brush- I didn't like my beauty blender with this. Once applied it gives your skin such a healthy glow; not too dewy or matte. It is like your skin but even better. If you want a foundation to give you flawless skin; look no further, I am serious.You know my drugstore obsession so this was a splurge for me but was worth every penny! The color range is amazing, If you think your tone is close to mine I bought  mine in R260. Im anxious to see how this wears in the summer weather- I hope it stills keeps its awesome staying power through the humid weather- it will be here before we know it! (although I am loving this cold weather. SORRY!)

I received this as a gift from a friend that knew that I would love it, and she was RIGHT! The Moroccan Oil treatment is what I apply to my damp hair when I get out of the shower. I concentrate on the ends of my hair and whatever is left in my hands I run through my roots. You barely need a full pump because this stuff can make your hair greasy if you apply too much. I will allow my hair to mostly airdry and then finish it off with my blow dryer. The following morning I will style my hair and then spray the Moroccan Oil glimmer shine spray, my god this stuff smells amazing! It is a pretty strong scent but I don't find it too overwhelming. This spray adds a nice sheen to my hair making it look super healthy and soft. I mean, who doesn't want that? 


ELF cosmetics has truly stepped up their game lately. I am so impressed with their new products lately and especially with this bronzer palette. I bought mine at Target recently, since they redid all of their cosmetic aisles I can't resist. I spent $6 on this palette and I would of truly spent $20 for how awesome this product is. These shades are all so pigmented and blend so flawlessly into your skin. The shade in the upper right corner has a shimmer too it and its just enough to give your cheeks a gorgeous glow that is going to be perfect for summer. The pans are also all interchangeable, I LOVE IT. I also own their blush palette that has removable pans as well. You can pop the pans out and make your own custom palette with blush and bronzer for only $6!! If you're in the market for a new bronzer, hell even if you aren't.. buy this. You will be so glad that you did! 

This is a big deal guys. I am letting you in on my lipstick secret weapon. This is the Rimmel Exaggerate lip-liner in Rapture. Each time you see me in a picture with lipstick on, this is the lip liner that I apply first. I will line and fill in my lips with this product and then apply a thin layer of lipstick or stain on top. This is my secret to keep my lipstick put all night long. This liner is very opaque and is a twist liner so you don't have to worry about sharpening. It glides onto my lips pretty easily and doesn't dry them out. I will then follow up with one of the 3 following options on-top:

1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry
2. NYX Liquid Suede in Vintage
3. Revlon Ultra HD lip-color in Addiction 

You heard it here folks, those are my lipstick favorites right now. Try em' out- send me a selfie! I would LOVE to see them! 


started this blog just because I love to write- but it has taken me to places I can't even imagine. I have been able to reach thousands of people all of the world- I wouldn't ever consider myself to be famous; but I would consider Dorian to be famous. #D-Strong has taken over the internet world wide. Dorian is a 7 year old heart throb that was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 4. He has given up on treatment and is emptying his "bank" every single day. His life wish was to become famous and he is doing just that. As I said; I would never consider myself famous-but I have been lucky enough to be blessed with this blog and all of my followers; I have a voice that can be heard. We ALL have a voice that can be heard, not just for Dorian but for anyone that is suffering with cancer, eating disorders, sexuality, abuse... unfortunately the list is endless. We can fight for those that aren't strong enough to fight for themselves. So, lets get together- show your support for Dorian and #D-Strong. Spread the word for Dorian, for the ones in need, let them be famous. They truly are the ones who deserve the spotlight- not the Kardashians.

*Let's show Dorian how much we are fighting for him- share your #D-Strong photo!!*


Dorian if you read this; I am praying for you. That each day is a new adventure and that you know how brave you are. Keep fighting little fighter. You're famous! 






Comments

Popular Posts