Buy or Bye ft: beauty favs



I am alive, I am here. If you follow me on social media, you would see all of the amazing adventures I have been on. My goal for 2016 was to live every single day, make each one count and so far I have done just that. From showering baby Cecilia with gifts & love to beer and pretzels at Harpoon Brewery, I feel like I have done it all recently. What have you been doing? Are you emptying your "bank" of time like I suggested? 


During a recent drugstore haul I unfortunately picked up some lemons-but also found some new holy grail items that I can't live without. I feel as if we are already in a long term relationship and I have only been testing them for a month; ladies, that is when we know its REAL. 

BUY

This NYX dark circle concealer is awesome. I don't have dark circles normally (aka: I love sleep), but I use this to brighten the inner corners of my eyes and under my eyes. This formula is so creamy and I can just apply it right with my finger or if you're picky you can use a brush, I have tried both. This product covers any discoloration or blemishes and also works great as an eyelid primer. Apply this all over the lid before shadow to set a neutral base. I don't know about y'all but my lids have a lot of blue veins; it also may be because I am pale as a ghost... ANYWAYS, apply this and your shadow will last all day and will apply evenly. 

BYE


I am actually pretty bummed about this one. I picked this up at Target recently in hopes that it would be a cheaper alternative to my Loreal Infallible setting spray, which I LOVE. 

Notice how I refer to it as MY setting spray, I told you its like a long term relationship. 

The ELF mist and set spray was a poor excuse for a setting spray. I don't know if I got at bad one, but mine smells like bad milk, it is disgusting. After I sprayed this to my skin I felt as if my skin was oily, and the spray-er was awful! The way that this product sprayed caused large water droplets which made my makeup run, what! The Loreal setting spray is more of a fine mist and it is so refreshing on your skin, buy that, not this. 

BUY

This was my first Colour Pop purchase and definitely not my last. I am obsessed with this. This is the Super Shock Bronzer in Skinny Dip. It feels like velvet-y satin on your skin and in the pan, it is crazy! I apply this to my face with a flat top brush and then will apply with a light hand a powder bronzer on-top to really set this product. Their products are super super affordable and ship quickly. I ordered this around Christmas time with another product I gave away as a present and they sent me a hand written post card. It was adorable and the best way to gain new customers. Thank you colour pop, I will continue to buy from you! 

BYE

I am currently shaking my head at this product. I don't even understand how anyone could like this, which is a shame. I am not a huge Almay owner but I was intrigued by what this product claimed. It is suppposed to be smart technology that will blend perfect with your skin tone and give you a perfect glow. BOLOGNA! I picked up mine in the shade Sunkissed which is shown above- dark, right? I mean for my skin tone, but I figured it was suppose to blend perfectly to my skin tone. BOLOGNA. So with a light hand I dipped my brush in, tapped off any excess and applied it and there was NO color. Absolutly none. I tried to apply more to the brush and there was no color- no pigmentation at all! I thought that this was going to be too dark for me but it actually had no payoff at all. I can't believe it, please save your $12 and do not buy this. 

BUY

Maybelline, you nailed it. This is the Maybelline brow define and fill duo which features a powder side and a pencil on the other. I picked mine up at Target in light brown, after I was continuously stealing my sisters. I use the powder side to fill in the gaps and then the pencil side to be more precise and add some "volume" to my brows. Does that make sense? I will say that the powder side applicator is a bit large so if you need to you can use a flat shadow brush and apply the powder to that and apply from there. The pencil side is a twist up so you never need to worry about sharpening, genius. For less than $10 this is a must try for everyone. 

BYE


No, no no. NO! Don't give into the cute packaging like I did! I have actually tried a few NYX mascaras and I didn't like any of them, so I don't know why I keep trying. This mascara has a wand that is HUGE- the picture does not do it justice. The wand makes this so messy it ends up getting all over my lids and even my nose, so annoying. It is a very sticky formula and it causes my lashes to clump together which is a pain. Once it is applied it will flake throughout the day and when you go to remove it, its like cement on your lashes. Looking for a good mascara, go for the Loreal Vulumious Million Lashes and an eyelash curler. Trust me. 

BUY


Loreal Infallibe shadows are my favorite drugstore shadows. I own quite a few but this one in Bronzed Taupe and Amber Rush are my favorites. This is the perfect go to shade for everyday and with just a brush across the lid and a quick blend you are good to go- that is all you need. These shadows are so pigmented and creamy, I love them! They recently had them on clearance at my local Target so check them out! It may appear to be too glittery but once applied it isn't a chunky glitter, it is just enough and not too over the top. This will make your eyes stand out, and for all the right reasons. I think it would pair beautifully with any eye color, I love it on my blue eyes and always get compliments. These shadows definitely give the high end products a run for their money. 

BYE/BUY?
I am so torn over this Loreal Lumi Cushion. I enjoy this because of the actual feeling of the foundation, but I don't enjoy it BECAUSE of the foundation. This gave me such a sheer coverage and I needed to apply 2 coats in order to get a decent coverage. Once it is applied it does feel very light weight and it wears well on the skin. I have tried applying it with a brush and with a beauty blender and either way it gives you that sheer look unless you build it up. I have also owned this for about 2 weeks now and I feel like its almost gone; excuse me?! I paid $17 for this and there is no way that it should only last for two weeks. I am not happy about that and will not be repurchasing this product BUT I will continue to use it until its completely empty. I am glad I bought it to try it, and to tell all of you, but I was expecting more from Loreal. I do know that Physicans Formula came out with their own version of the "cushion" and once I get my hands on it I will let you know how I feel. The idea behind the cushion packaging is awesome; I wonder if I could pour foundation into the sponge... would that work? Am I onto something here? 




I have so many more new lifestyle, hair and beauty favorites that I will be sharing on Monday. I already have everything out and ready so it WILL be posted then! Everyone was so excited about the BUY or BYE so I wanted to share that first and I also shared some beauty favorites in here so you could get the best of both worlds. I maaaaaay or may not have purchased myself a new handbag and once that comes in I will be sharing a Whats in my bag update since that was so popular when I first featured that. I promise that I am going to try and be more active on here in the next few months; I have just been so busy emptying my "bank"... and filling my bank; at work. GET IT?!


I just wanted to share a few photos of what I have been up too lately; I have been surrounded by so much love and happiness lately that I can hardly take it. What makes me happy, is when someone else is happy. 

life - Kizoa Online Movie Maker


PS: GO PATS! 

Comments

Popular Posts