2016

Sometimes when I sit down at the computer I can’t put into writing what I am thinking. I know exactly what I want to say, but saying it can be difficult. I love makeup, and sharing new products and what works best but my passion is to spread positivity. I just want everyone to be genuinely happy.


Imagine there was a bank that credited your very own account each morning with a large sum of money. But, it carried over no balance from day to day. Every evening it deleted whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out all of it, of course!

Each of us has such a bank. Its name is - Time

Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft.

Each day it makes a new deposit for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no going back. There is no drawing against the "tomorrow." You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success!

The clock is running. Make the most of today. And remember that time waits for no one.


This sums up 2016 for me, and all of my many years to come. While at work last week my pharmacist received this email and had to share it with me. I fell in love with it; it is exactly what I want to say… but couldn’t find the words. Writers block (insert eye roll emoji).

I know, it is a lot easier said than done; but this year why don’t we all try to be a better version of ourselves. Why don’t we all live each day as if it’s our last; don’t hesitate to challenge yourself. If I have learned anything over this last year it is that life is too short. We all experienced too many losses this year and honestly, it scares the crap out of me. 

Why do things like that happen? How is it possible? What if I could have saved you? 

The answer: it is out of our control. The only thing that we can control is how we spend our time here on earth. It took me a while to open my eyes and grasp that concept. I wasn’t always so optimistic, I have struggles too. It took me through a dark time in life to realize my self-worth and what I deserve. You wouldn’t ever think that you would happy to have struggled; but it made me so much better of a person. I feel like Carrie 2.0 sometimes, a new and improved version of myself. This blog is my happiness and I honestly think it is what helped me get through difficult days in my life. I don't let out my feelings verbally, I blog. It is my peace and quiet time, ME time. I have found myself typing more and more about life than I am about beauty, maybe I am realizing what is really important in life. It isn't how we look; it is how we feel on the inside. That is what makes us truly beautiful.


Maybe you are struggling right now, trying to find your happiness. All that I can hope for is that maybe this blog post will bring you a bit of happiness into your heart. You are never ever alone, there are so many people that care about you and love you; talk to them. They will listen and they will help you. Life is hard. There is pressure to have the perfect job, the perfect body, the perfect car; does any of that really matter? Does that define who you are in your heart? 



So I am asking all of you to challenge yourself this year. Empty your "bank" each and every single day. LIVE every day, do what makes YOU happy. Make goals, make 5 year goals, push yourself towards happiness. Anything is possible as long as you try. If we don't set goals life will pass us all by faster than it already is. Don't remain stagnant; make this year the best year of your life. It is the first day of 2016, you have a blank canvas, YOU ARE IN CONTROL.

This is your moment to shine, your life starts now.


We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one life. 

Which life are you living? 


Comments

Popular Posts