Practice safe...

Summer is in full swing and I have been super busy with life. I am unsure if it is on purpose; as if I am trying to stay busy so that I don't have time to sit and think-or if its just how my life is going right now. I have also discovered this new talent of staying up until ungodly hours of the night until my eyes close for me because if I try to sleep when I'm not tired, my mind goes crazy. What is going on with me? The only positive thing about staying up all night, Orange is The New Black & Scandal have released new episodes on Netflix; these are a few of my favorite things. 

To tie into my last post with the tips for a beachy bombshell waves, you need to have a bronzed sunkissed look to really complete it! All summer long I will be practicing safe sun to protect my skin from the dangerous UV rays, and you should too. It is so easy to achieve that healthy glow without damaging your skin. The ozone layer is depleting and the rays are extremely harmful. You will always think that it will never happen to you, until it does. With a recent family scare, I am becoming much more aware of the SPF in all of my products, and more aware of the amount of sun exposure I get. Is it worth it? To just have a bit more of a tan? No, its not at all.Skin cancer rates are on the rise and sunscreen has been proven to decrease the development of skin cancer. Not to mention, who wants wrinkles or dark spots? Pre-mature aging and wrinkles are increased greatly with sun exposure.  So with that, I will continue to be a pastey pale princess with healthy youthful skin; and I am proud of that. 

Try all of my tips to get that healthy glow,keep your skin happy and hydrated all year long. 



Now that its hotter outside I have been wearing more of a dewy glowy makeup look. This is so out of my comfort zone but I have been loving how healthy my skin looks with the gold shadows & highlight. I have been using these makeup products almost every day to keep up that HEALTHY glow. Going to tanning beds is so toxic; use these hidden gems to keep your skin sun-kissed and healthy! 


The Maybelline Dream Mousse liquid foundation is my go-to favorite right now. When I am self-tanning this shade matches my skin perfectly! I apply this with a flat top foundation brush and then buff it out for a flawless finish with my damp beauty blender. This product blends so easily and is a light- medium coverage. I find that when I apply this product with my Baby Skin primer my makeup can stay on all night. 
When I do have a chance to sit outside and get some sun I am applying sunscreen to protect my skin from the dangerous rays of the sun. The secret weapon to give yourself a glow is my Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. I rely on this product during the summer; its is a must have for me. I use mine in the lightest shade and apply mine after the shower with my hands. After shaving and exfoliating apply this directly to your legs and then rub in with yours hands. It will leave your skin glowing, I love this stuff! It applies evenly and perfectly. However it is definitely not a water resistant product; so be prepared for that. **Wash your hands after applying**

I don't use it everyday, but when I know that I will be going out all night or if its really hot out I will apply a makeup setting spray. I had my eye on the Urban Decay setting spray until Loreal came out with their interpretation. I love the way this product makes my skin feel! I spray this onto my face once my makeup is complete, and it feels lightweight and smells great. I find that if I set my face with powder once I apply my liquid foundation & apply this last, my makeup can last up to 8 hours without any extra powder. I don't know what I did before I discovered this product!  

Before I apply anything to my face I moisturize. Think about it, if your skin is dry and flaky before applying your foundation it is going to stay dry and flaky unless your moisturize. The Aveeno Ultracalming moisturizer is my favorite right now. It makes me skin so soft and nourished. This product has a soft scent and doesn't leave a greasy finish on the skin. It absorbs quickly to your skin and keeps you hydrated all day long.
This will forever be my favorite eyeshadow of all time. I picked it up because I saw gurus rave about it on Youtube and I just had to try it for myself. If I could I would buy every single one of you this product because you wouldn't believe the color pigmentation and the silky texture for only $7. I bought mine at Ulta, but they sell it at Target, Walmart & CVS. This is the L'oreal Infallible Pressed Pigments in Amber Rush. This is a rose gold shadow that looks gorgeous for summer and to tie together your bronzed goddess look. I just press this into my lid with a shadow brush and then use a bit of bronzer to blend that into my crease to blend it together. You don't want any harsh lines on your lid so be sure to use a blending color to make a seamless finish. 

The last product that is necessary to complete the sunkissed look for summer is a blush/highlighter. I have been applying this to the apples of my cheeks to add some color to my neutral look and it is just enough. The product is Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore. I apply this with a fluffy blush brush and just lightly because this product is very pigmented. I really love a lot of the Milani products and I feel like they are overlooked because people think they are cheap. Listen up, they may be cheap to purchase but some of the products are high-end quality




Try these products out, they are all amazing. Next time you step outside be sure to apply your SPF and practice safe sun. The ozone layer is depleting and the rays are extremely harmful. You will always think that it will never happen to you, until it does. Skin cancer rates are on the rise and sunscreen has been proven to decrease the development of skin cancer. Not to mention, who wants wrinkles or dark spots? Pre-mature aging and wrinkles are increased greatly with sun exposure. Follow all of my tips to get that healthy glow,keep your skin happy and hydrated all year long. 

Comments

Popular Posts