1,2,3...GO!

I just need to know who I can contact about adding a day between Saturday & Sunday. The weekends are just flying by and next weekend is already the 4th of July. I love everything about this holiday; especially the fireworks. I mean, no firework show compares to the one you catch down Main St over Cinderellas castle... but this will have to hold me over until I get back to my "home." 

Since summer has started I have really tried to branch out my makeup look, and I think that I have nailed down a routine that works perfect for me and my skin type. If you have been following my blog since the beginning, you know that I tend to stick with a matte look, but recently I have been drifting from that. For the summer I think that is gorgeous to have a glowy kiss of sun and I have found the perfect products for me & you! So, lets get ready together! 


First thing when I sit down at my beauty table to get ready I put on some music. I have been all over the Hunter Hayes Pandora radio station, it plays the perfect mix of country and I just love Hunter. I also put on a headband just to keep the hair out of my face. The one that I am wearing in this picture is from CVS. 


Next I apply some moisturizer and primer. The moisturizer I am using is the Ultra Calming from Aveeno- I raved about this in my last post and I still have been loving it! This primer is a perfect fit for summer time. It keeps your skin so soft and makes your makeup last all night. My friends have used it a few times before we go out and they always compliment on how smooth your foundation goes on after you apply this to your face. 


When self-tanning during the summer, this shade matches my skin perfectly. It also is a semi-matte finish so it leaves my skin a little bit dewy- but also not too shiny. You don't want to look oily, you just want to look sun-kissed. 


When applying this product to my face I apply it to the back of my hand first. This is the ideal way to apply foundation for multiple reasons. If you need to match two shades to match your skin tone it is way easier to mix it on the back of your hand first. Also it keeps you from over applying on your skin and making your makeup appear "cakey" or muddy. Lastly, you won't be wasting product-start with 2 pumps on the back of your hand and add another if needed. 
When I put on my foundation I use a flat top brush first to apply it to the skin. Once it is all applied I then go in with my damp beauty blender to buff out the product. This works perfectly for me because I don't have too many problem areas; so it sheers out the product leaving it looking more natural. If you want more of a full coverage look I would suggest not using the beauty blender. Apply it with the flat top brush and just blend it in really well. You don't want it to look to "overdone". 


I will always powder my face after applying my foundation. This is another way to be sure your locking your product in place. I love this L'oreal Infallible line; once fall rolls around again I will try their foundation as well. I just know that it is a full matte coverage and I am trying to stay more "dewy" during the warmer months. I obviously have hit pan on this product and will definitely be re-purchasing. I apply this all over my face with a dense kabuki brush- pushing it into my skin to lock the liquid foundation into place. This will keep it from slipping all over your face during the hot humid days. 


See, it gives you a bit of a matte look but still keeps the dewy finish from the foundation. It doesn't add any additional color to your face but will lock everything into place.


I recently purchased this product from Ulta and have not stopped using it! I still find it very comparable to the NYC bronzer that I love but I think I may like this one even more. The shade of this could be used for contour but I stray away from that. I think because my face is so round it is hard to contour completely. I will sometimes just contour my temples and my nose; but you will probably never catch me with a full contour... notice I used "probably." I can't make any promises! I apply this all over my face very lightly with a fluffy bronzing brush. The one I use is from Real Techniques, I love all of their brushes. They are super affordable and fun fact: the makers of these brushes are Youtube beauty gurus. Isn't it crazy to see how far your dreams could go! Don't ever doubt yourself! 


Dusting this all over your face will just warm up the skin, perfect for summer. As I have told all of you, I stray away from tanning beds. I self-tan and obviously you want your face to match the tan on your chest and arms. Be sure to apply your bronzer down your neck if you are self tanning- you want it all to blend and to not seem so obvious. 

This is my summer secret weapon. I purchased this product a year ago and hardly used it. Actually, I am wrong..I did use it; but all wrong. When I first bought it I applied it all over my face because I had no idea what I was doing. I think its hysterical now, but why didn't anyone tell me that I looked like Edward Cullen glimmering in the sunlight?! I NOW accurately apply this only to the highlight areas of my face. 

I brush this very gently to the apples of my cheeks, tip of my nose, chin & forehead. This is the natural places where the sun hits your face so it just adds a bit more glow. As you can see in all of the posts I share I never talk about blush. I have rosacea so that naturally adds redness to my skin. I also sheer out my foundation so much that when the rosey-ness in my cheeks starts to act up you can see it through the foundation. I don't mind this happening at all it makes my makeup look even more natural but when I add blush ontop of it- I look red all over. I just stray from blush but if you like blush, rock it girlfriend. I would apply it at the same time as my highlight IF I was to apply it. 

I love this stuff! It is just like a little mascara wand that you brush through your brows to tame them. I use the lightest shade that they have and just brush it through the hairs to keep them locked in place all day. It also fills in any bare spot in your brows making the look fuller. 


& viola! I actually have brows! My hairs in my brows are so light naturally that when I don't have anything on, it looks like I don't even have brows. Thank god that eyebrows have been such a huge trend lately, I think we all needed a little help with them. 


I then highlight my brow bone using the same highlight pallet that I mentioned above. This is a Physicans Formula Shimmer strip in Peachy Glow. The shadow that I will be brushing all over my lid is the L'oreal Pressed Pigments in Amber Rush. I use a fluffy brush and just sweep it over my lid, this color is just so gorgeous. I wear it almost everyday. 


Just to add more dimension to my lid I use bronzer of a matte shadow to blend into my crease. This just blends everything together and makes. Just run your brush back and forth like a windshield wiper motion on your lid to blend it all together and to keep from any harsh lines. 


Fact: this is the most awkward picture to take. Do you smile? NO because your eyes are close and you look ridiculous. Do you frown? NO because then you look like you just blinked during a mug shot. So I guess I tried a half and half smile/frown and I took this same picture 10 times.. trying to figure out which one was the least creepy. Anyways; this is how my shadow looked after I applied & blended everything out.

Thank god this one isn't creepy. This is what everything looks like before adding mascara. 


Almost done guys! I then curl my lashes and apply mascara. My secret to my long lashes is just using a lash curler. Many people think that this step is unnecessary but I can't do my makeup without it. It curls my lashes perfectly and it also helps me from not having to apply 12 coats of mascara. I hate when girls have spidery chunky lashes from adding too many coats. If you have never curled your lashes before; trust me... you have to do it. Its a whole new world. (QUE ALADDIN & JASMINE.)

 

Last step, lipstick or gloss. This day I just went with a gloss from Bare Minerals in Cupcake. I love this product and the formula. It isn't sticky at all and it has the perfect amount of shimmer. I set everything with the L'oreal Infallible setting spray. LOVE this stuff!! I can't believe the difference I see when I don't use it. Definitely re-purchasing this! 


So before & After. It is still a very natural look and perfect for everyday. I use all of the same products everyday and I don't see myself changing them anytime soon. They work like a dream on my skin and have not cause any breakouts and keeps my skin glowing all day. If you are looking to have the same glowy look tryout the products I have listed below! The best news is that these are all drugstore products and are super affordable! 



Primer: Maybelline Baby Skin
Lotion: Aveeno Ultra Calming
Foundation: Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation in Creamy Natural
Highlight: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Peachy Glow
Bronzer: NYX matte Bronzer in Medium
Setting Powder: L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 16hr wear in Nude Beige
Brows: Ulta Brow Tint in Light
Shadow: L'oreal Pressed Pigments in Amber Rush
Mascara: Voluminous Million Lashes in Black/Brown
Lipgloss: Bare Minerals gloss in Cupcake
Setting Spray: L'oreal Infallible Makeup Extending Setting Spray



**ALSO: THE SALE FOR ANY CURLING IRON FOR $29 ENDS ON 7/1** 
GET YOURS HERE!!

Add product to shopping cart to get it for $29! This is an exclusive code through me- you will not find this on the NUME website! In my pictures I use the 32mm wand! It creates the softest curls that look very natural! Get a smaller wand to create more curly-curls. 




Comments

Popular Posts