July/August Favorites




Now that August is basically over, we are moving towards the fall and personally my favorite time of the year. During July and August I have been reaching for the same products over and over and figured now would be a good time to share them with all of you! Obviously with the change of seasons upon all of us I will be changing up my beauty products and gravitating towards more warm neutral products opposed to the bright pops of colors…and I may of already starting doing so. I’m sorry! I love the fall and everything that comes along with it; football, apple picking, riding boots and of course FALL CANDLES! Also the end of September my sister will be getting married and I can’t wait to share some inside family pictures with all of you, it is going to be a beautiful country wedding. Now; onto the favorites of the month!

Firstly, I have a facial moisturizer by Simple. I know that I have mentioned this in a previous blog, so if you haven’t tried it for yourselves yet; WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR! This moisturizer is amazing and keeps my skin super soft and protected from the sun with its SPF 15. One of reasons why I love this stuff is because even though it has sunscreen it doesn't have that awful sunscreen scent which deters me away from most facial sunscreens. I use this product every morning before I apply my primer and it absorbs into my skin quickly without leaving any greasy residue. I can’t tell you all enough, this is the perfect every day moisturizer for normal skin like mine.

Next I have a brown liquid liner by Almay. I HAD to try this product because of its applicator. It is hard to explain but I will give it a whirl. The tip is described on the packaging as a “flex-tip” which is what it is, it isn't a brush like normal liquid liners I have used and since I am awful at liquid liner the “flex-tip” makes it pretty much fool proof aka Carrie proof. The liner is the perfect shade of brown for me, since I have light eyes and skin I personally think that brown is the best way to go. The black eye liners paired with the blue eyes kind of makes me look too overdone and I don’t need that for a day to day eyeliner. If you have light eyes I highly suggest trying this eyeliner in brown; it lasts all day and is a quick dry formula so you won’t need to wait to apply mascara. Also a HUGE selling point for me on this product is that it is ophthalmologists recommended which is awesome for people like me who wear contacts and sometimes certain products aren’t great to apply so close to your eyes.

So I have been on a foundation CRAZE lately and I just can’t put my finger on which one I like best. Right now I have to go with the Maybelline Fit Me. I am wearing the 120 shade which is the second lightest in Natural Ivory. This has a pretty light coverage which I love since I don’t have acne or any scarring; it is just a perfect lightweight, breathable, natural foundation for normal skin. I have been applying this with my Real Techniques foundation brush and get a perfect application. HIGHLY recommend this!




This eyeshade is life, its perfect and I want every shade. The Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows are the all in one for day to night. The shadow is a creamy texture and I apply it with my Real Techniques eye shadow base brush; that was a mouthful… I have this in the taupe shade and it blends so nicely on the lid without the use of any primer and will last all day for a perfect shimmery look. I usually just wear this product alone; but if you were going out that light you could easily use a basic eye shadow and give yourself a smokey eye just by blending out this base and using a darker crease shade.  I just love how simple it is to apply and how perfect the color payoff is with a single swipe of my brush. I cannot wait to add more of these babies to my collection!

I never really got onto the Bare Minerals bandwagon but maybe I will now that I have tried out this product. This is their pressed powder and I apply this after my foundation with a big round kabuki brush to my “T Zone” just to make sure everything is going to stay put. This gives my face a flawless look without actually looking powdery or too overdone. I do think that this gives me more of a matte face which I don’t mind for the fall and winter months.

Lastly I have a conditioner… and it isn't for my hair. I use this when I shave my legs in replacement of shaving cream; I know it’s weird. I was nervous to try this out but after hearing how much everyone LOVES this I have to give it a whirl and I am so glad I did! My legs have NEVER been so soft it’s amazing! I just apply it like I would with shaving cream and it leaves my legs more moisturized and silky. Obviously this cuts down on the cost of shaving cream for me, and you can use any conditioner this is just what was in my shower… sorry Molly! Try this out, you will NOT be disappointed.



All of these products are A++ for me and definitely worth the money! What are you reaching for when you get ready every morning now that the trees will be changing? I can’t wait to get my hands (and nails) into some of the fall trends and fashions! Stay tuned for a “how to guide” to take an outfit from summer to fall. 

INSTAGRAM: caadaigle
TWITTER: cadaigle15

Comments

  1. I love using conditioner instead of shaving cream! It's the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts