Cologne 101

Right about now is when department stores are switching over their shorts for jeans and sandals for boots, let’s face it everyone; fall is almost here. It’s not just important to switch your wardrobe for the change in season but also your signature scent. This post is going to be for all of the male readers out there who want a women’s opinion on cologne. I mean, of course what I like may not be what your significant other may like, BUT I do think I have a pretty good sense of smell. (: The scents that I have chosen are all available at Sephora and with your purchase from their website you will also receive 3 free samples.


 1. Light Blue Pour Homme by Dolce& Gabbana- If you like a light summery scent year round, this is for you! I actually own this in the women’s perfume and I love it! I think this would be perfect for a day out on the lake; it’s fresh and airy for the summer days. ($62)


2.     Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani- This is more of sexy, musky, manly cologne; perfect for a date with your lady. It’s more mature, and probably not best for your first cologne.  ($75)



 3. Big Pony by Ralph Lauren- Do you think of yourself as an all-American guy? This has to be your go-to scent. It smells expensive and rich, perfect for country club kinda guy. ($67.50)






   4Guilty by Gucci- The scent is masculine but sweet…does that make sense? It smells amazing and I think this is my top pick, personally. After smelling so many I went back to this one and I think it’s versatile for any guy in any profession. ($65.00)



Now; if you would like to try a few of these scents but just can’t choose one… Sephora offers a trial box with 14 of their best-selling colognes with a voucher for a free full size cologne of your choice (must be one of the trials from inside the box). Personally, I think that this is an amazing offer, letting you try out a variety of scents, test the response from those around you, and then get a full size! 

So after smelling COUNTLESS cologne, I think that the Gucci Guilty is my favorite cologne at this moment. It has a perfect mixture of clean, crisp and sweet notes which would suit any guy. You could wear this cologne for night or day and the scent will last. When you spray it its strong but not over-powering which is definitely important, you don't want to push a girl away before they even get to you because your cologne is too much. If you wanted to impress me, I would highly suggest this cologne. 

I enjoyed doing a "guys" blog post! I can't tell you how many guys have come up to me saying that they read my blog and that they love it. What does EVERYONE want to see next? Summer update? 50 facts about me? Beauty? New OOTD? 

Let me know! 

Twitter: cadaigle15

Instagram: caadaigle

Comments

  1. If your going for Polo I recommend Polo Red! So good and is made with things that are the color red. My favorite cologne is Versace! So clean and has a strong scent I get many compliments on it. Don't laugh at this one but I also wear Victorias Secret Platinum. Very good as well and the ladies love it. I wear this one to work a lot. I saw this on Instagram and had to comment on it! Nice post Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts