Falling Forward

I hate to be "that person" but Summer is over. Although the calendar isn't showing September 22nd- marking the official start of Autumn all of the beauties of fall have begun. From football to pumpkin spice I am ready to jump right in. And to be brutally honest, I could skip Summer all together every year and be perfectly okay with that. I hate the heat and the fall fashion is more my style. I am so looking forward to layering, riding boots & dark lips. (Insert praying hands emoji.)

Shirt- Forever21
Shorts-American Eagle
Earrings- Kohls

Summer ended with a big country bang for me. Myself and two of my best friends celebrate our birthdays within months of each other and I thought that it was only appropriate to celebrate in Boston at Zac Brown Band. After I purchased the tickets in March it seemed like we waited forever until August 22nd to see them live at Fenway Park. It was a beautiful night and I was so happy I was able to spend that time with them, maybe a new yearly tradition; who will we see next year?


Shirt-Target
Shorts-American Eagle
Flannel-TJ Maxx
Boots- Kohls

A mere 4 days later I saw Kenny Chesney at Gilette Stadium, home of the No Shoes Nation- it was unforgettable. A night full of laughs, drinks & memories to close out the summer. Now we have to look forward to-- weddings, 2 new babies, Brady's return to #PATSNATION and freshly picked apples baked into an apple crisp, warm from the oven. (again, insert praying hands emoji.)

Is your mouth watering.. mine is...Tom Brady though.


So my original plan for today was to do a fall look-book with outfit ideas for you guys BUT, it is so hot out the last thing I want to be doing is changing 8 times into jeans and riding boots. Sorry, I love you all, but I love not sweating even more. It will happen, I promise; maybe in the next week or so it will cool down so I can get some solid outfits out for you guys! So instead, I put together some of my recent beauty favorites that I have been rockin' daily. And the best part is, these are all new products I haven't told you about before.. I spoil you guys! Lets get started!

Image result for revlon colorstay foundation

After I apply a primer I have been using the Revlon Colorstay Foundation in 200-Nude. I blend this into my skin with a damp beauty blender and it just matches me so perfectly. It is a build-able coverage but I usually just do one layer and it covers my discoloration perfectly. It lays right on-top of the skin and looks so natural. This is for combination skin, and I have found that recently my skin has been a bit more oily than normal; maybe seasonal? I have been setting this with a translucent powder and it doesn't breakup in my T-zone at all. Not to mention, Revlon recently added a pump to this packaging; it used to just have a pour off cap, thank you Revlon!

Image result for maybelline master conceal

After using the Revlon foundation I have been highlighting with this Maybelline Master Conceal in 10-Fair. I have been using this under my eyes, in an upside down triangle shape; dragging the corners UP towards your temples. This will give a lifting illusion, making your eyes look more open and a more highlighted look. I also apply this onto the center of my forehead (between my brows), center of my nose, chin and cupids bow. Basically the center of your face is where you want it to appear brighter. If you look at the picture above of me in the white top, you can see the center of my face appears brighter; this is the secret. I just apply this product; a little goes a long way with this stuff! I also blend this right into my skin with a damp beauty blender and once both my foundation and concealer is blended to perfection I set it all with a translucent powder. I have been using the ELF High Definition Powder and I love it, just apply a small amount to the places your concealed and it will not crease, this is how I keep my makeup looking fresh even during this hot summer humid heat.

Image result for hoola bronzer
After receiving a sample size of this in my Birchbox I had to purchase a full-size. This is the Benefit Hoola Bronzer, and it is beautiful. I know, most of you probably think all bronzers are the same but I am here to tell you that they aren't. This applies perfectly to the skin and blends seamlessly leaving your skin looking healthy and glowing. It only comes in one shade, proving that it just gives everybody that just sun kissed look; not too bronze. It has the right amount of pigmentation that is perfect to give you some color on the outside of your face. Remember, you want to keep the center lighter and the outside more of a bronze. I apply this on the corners of my forehead, jaw line and slightly contour my cheeks. I will then apply a bit of NARS Orgasm blush and blend them together a bit to give myself some color, topping it all off with my holy grail, Becca Champagne Pop Highlight. Those are the exact products that I used in the look above and it just appears so natural, and just enough. Nothing over the top, but perfect for day to day. This item is worth the splurge.

Image result for nivea lip butter caramel cream kiss

I probably should have mentioned this product first since it is the first item I use when getting ready for the day. Clearly, someone needs a coffee. This is the Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream Kiss. First off, anything Caramel, I am all over. I picked this up at Target probably about 6 months ago and I use it every single day before I get ready. This is especially important if you plan on wearing a matte lip that day; no one wants dry cracked lips under a drying lip stain. It ain't cute, we all know it. I apply this and let it sit on my lips, re-hydrating them for the day, not to mention it smells delicious. The only thing I don't love about this is that it is in a pain which is kinda unsanitary... I honestly just put my mouth right into the tin. Sounds gross, I know but is it better to be sticking your hands into it everyday? I would say no. I know this product also comes in a pink raspberry, and I can imagine it is also just as good. I like this over any other chap-sticks because while its hydrating it also gives your lips a nice gloss. So even if you don't plan on applying a lipstick, you can run out the door with something on.

Image result for stila liquid lipstick patina

Last but not least I have a liquid lipstick from Stila, this is the shade Patina. I would call this my "Kylie Jenner lipstick". It is more of a dark mauve-y nude, and I love it. I have been using this with my Rimmel lipliner in Rapture and the two just pair so beautifully together. The shade is true to color according to the outside of the packaging and the color goes on evenly to the lips. Some liquid lipsticks you have to layer to get a desired look and its such a pain. This you just need one layer and it will stay on all day, through drinking and eating. After getting this item in my Birchbox (thanks Meg & Ben!) I looked up more shades in this collection and there is such a wide variety, perfect for all skin tones. I will definitely be purchasing more, maybe a deep burgundy for fall? Who else can't wait to rock those dark lips!



Top- TJ Maxx
Skirt- JCrew

Now that I have decided Summer is over its crazy to think back and reflect on all the beautiful things that happened for my friends and family in just the last 4 months. I know that I say it far to often but it is truly crazy to see how quickly time passes us by. My best friends are getting married, moving out, starting families and starting lifetime careers. They are all making their dreams become realities and I love seeing how happy they all are. It is so crazy that we are the same group of girls that used to go to the mall with $10 in our pockets thinking we had the world at our fingertips. And now that I think back on it, we did. My friends and family are my world, and although I had that $10 in my pocket, I had all the money in the world with them by my side.

Just a few moments from this summer that truly made my happy. Happy to be surrounded by so many people that love me and care about my future. I know right now might not be my time to get married, move out and start a family but I know that when I am ready these girls will be there, and I will be the richest girl in the world for just that very moment.


Dress- Marshalls
Necklace- JCrew

Top- The Loft
Shorts- Abercrombie and Fitch
Sandals- Jack Rogers 



Shirt- Marshalls
Necklace- Guess Accessories
Shorts-JCrew
Shoes- Payless

Comments

Popular Posts