October Favorites

2016 is only two months away. Does this scare anyone else besides me? Most of you are still trying to scrub off your Halloween makeup and I am here ready to deck the halls! I love this time of the year, as most of you already know. I can't wait to go to Lasalette (any takers?), cookie swaps, New Years Eve... It is just the best time of the year! Stay tuned to my social media sites this weekend to see what Holiday fun I may be partaking in.. any guesses?!


I have been testing out a ton of new products lately and especially with the change of seasons I had to revamp some skin care products. I am still testing a bunch out but I will be back with an update. I also have a few non-beauty favorites. For example, WHINE ABOUT IT. If you don't know what that is I give you permission to stop reading this blog and google it right this instant. Each Wednesday, Matt Bellassi sits at his desk and drinks a bottle of wine and whines about various topics. It is just a perfect hump day treat; I think I could make a good co-star by the way, Matt. I am pretty funny, that's what they say. 


I have been testing out this foundation for a bit now. I figured now that its getting cooler, the dewy face may not be such a good look. Since your skin doesn't naturally have a glow during the winter I didn't want to give off too much glow. Don't you worry I will still be using my Becca Champagne Pop sparingly; I live for that stuff. I am in shade 106 and I apply this to my face with a damp beauty blender. I tried using a flat top kabuki brush but didn't like the finish as much. This product blends very easily with the blender and gives a semi matte finish with medium coverage. If you have problem areas it is definitely a build-able foundation. This product also claims to be a 24 hour coverage foundation. First off, who wears foundation for 24 hours? Second. it doesn't last 24 hours. I would say about 9-10 hours would be a good estimate for the wear. This is without any touch-ups which sounds pretty good to me! I have used the setting spray and the powder from this Infallible pro-matte line and I love all of them. I highly recommend this! Seems like a good formula for any skin type!


I have been using this product like crazy lately and I can't say enough good things about it. My hair is very thick and straight. I have zero volume to my hair and I nothing works besides curling it to give me volume. I use this product on damp or dry hair and then french braid my hair. You could just braid your hair if your hair was longer and get a beach-er wave but my hair is too short for that. I run this through my hair, a pretty good amount and then sleep with the braids in. When I get up I have gorgeous waves/curls. It is the most bizarre crimp. They look more like curls and it is the easiest way to disguise 3rd day hair or just to make it look like you "tried" that morning. I have had so many compliments when I wear my hair "curly" that I will be doing it much more often now. I can even sleep on it and the waves will still be just as beautiful in the morning! I do use a bit of the Big Sexy Hair hairspray once I let my braids out but that is it! I purchased my bottle at Target but it is available just about anywhere!


I know what you are thinking, I was thinking it too. A wash and a mask in one product? How the heck is that possible? It just is, and its a darn good one! I have been using this mask about once a week. When I use it as a mask I feel like it really gets in deep and gives my face a really good clean. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and then I rinse it off with warm water and pat my skin try. Don't rub your face- it creates pre-mature wrinkles FYI. As a wash, it doesn't really come to a lather but you still get that clean feeling. It smells really nice, but light. It isn't an overpowering scent and keeps your skin feeling fresh. I will say that It can leave my skin feeling a bit dry, so follow up with a moisturizer and you will be golden! I have still been using the Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer and it works great with this product. 


I struggle with putting this in my favorites for the month. I have been using this product a whole bunch and we are in a love hate relationship. I love the way that this stuff smells BUT if I use too much it makes my hair even more oily than when I started. I have to use it very sparingly but then I don't feel like it has done its job fully but then I add more and it looks even worse! I have been now using this product just to freshen up my hair on occasion not actually for its main purpose as a dry shampoo. I can't resist the smell, will I repurchase it; probably not. BUT my cousin loves it and it works great for her so maybe its just me! It is worth a try for its $5 price tag, give it a try. If it works correctly for you it would be so worth it! 


These Revlon Ultra HD matte lipcolors are a new launch from Revlon. I scooped mine up at CVS on a whim for Halloween. I had never worn it prior which is very uncommon for me. I usually try out a lipstick, eat, drink... try out the wear before wearing it out. Especially for a party, this was very brave of me. I am so glad that I did it however. Firstly I was attracted to the packaging. The frosted packaging and the paddle shaped tapered brush is key for a precise application. I love liquid lipsticks, they just get me. I bought mine in HD Love which is your classic red. I applied a lip liner all over my lips and then put this over top. These state that they are a matte finish but I didn't really find that to be the case. They weren't super glossy and there was no shimmer whatsoever but it definitely didn't dry flat matte. Once it was completely dry and set it did stay locked in place all night! Through drinks and food I didn't budge it looked like I just applied it. This line only has 6 shades I believe, I may just need to scoop those up... Yes, I have a problem. 

I also picked up the Tarte Holiday Palette about a month ago and have been using it religiously. I am working on some makeup looks for all of you so stay tuned for that! I don't want to get into any reviews or details about this palette since I will save it for the post but this was so worth the money! This whole thing was $60 at Sephora... YOU NEED IT. 



This is my PSA for the month. I, Carrie Daigle, believe in the "Selfie". Scroll through my Facebook or Instagram count how many you find. I will always stand up for selfies. Think about it, when someone takes a selfie, they feel good about themselves. You aren't going to take a selfie when your having a tough day or your aren't feeling like you're the best possible YOU. Empower yourself, embrace your self confidence and take that selfie. I think it is so beautiful, its you being the best version of yourself and putting it on display for everyone else to admire. Stay beautiful and be your very own #WCW tomorrow! (women crush Wednesday). Let's get it trending.

As I always preach; 
Don't let anyone else dull your sparkle. 








Comments

Popular Posts