I thought we were done

With the cooler weather trend that we had been on, I thought for sure that we were done with the hot steamy miserable weather. To my disappointment, we aren't. One reason why I hate the hot weather; wearing makeup can be very difficult. This past weekend I tried out some of my holy grail long wearing products and I wanted to share them with all of you. This upcoming week it is suppose to be 90+ degrees so if you have an important event, or just want to get dolled up give these tips, tricks and products a go. I seriously can't believe how well my makeup looked after the day was done.



Friday night, I attended Country Fest at Gillette Stadium. The weather was pretty warm, not unbearable and once the sunset it was just cool enough. I obviously rocked a dewy bronzed look with a red pop of color on my lips. This lipstick was life. I rocked this all night with only 2 touchups from 12pm-1am when we got home. It was truly incredible! Ask around, I was so nervous by the night was done that I was going to look like a clown with my lipstick everywhere! But it held tight and looked perfect the whole time!


If you are curious about my outfit- dress is from TJ Maxx, denim button up is from Target,
 booties are from Old Navy, cross body bag is Coach.



The secret to long wearing makeup is thin layers of products. I started by priming my face with the Maybelline Baby Skin and just applying that all over my T-zone with my fingers. This is just going to minimize my pores and prime my face for a flawless finish. I then followed up with a very thin layer of Maybelline Dream Mousse and applied that with a damp beauty blender. Allow your foundation to really dry and set in before adding any powder on-top. If you go in too quickly, the powder will stick to the foundation and as you begin to get oily, or sweat you will be melting away foundation and powder. If you let it set you will be layering powder ontop- not combining foundation and powder. Does that make sense? You all have to be able to speak Carrie by now... right?


After I allowed my foundation to dry I went in with NYX Matte Bronzer and just lightly brushed this all over my face. I had self-tanned this day so I was able to get away with a little bit of a darker shade. I own this bronzer in light & medium depending on how much color I have at the time. I apply this with a light hand because it is very pigmented, and again, you want thin layers. I added a bit extra on the temples of my forehead and my cheek bones. Not exactly contouring but just adding more dimension to the face. Following that I used a fan brush to highlight the center of my forehead, center of my nose, high on my cheek bones,cupids bow and chin. I am OBSESSED with this Becca Champagne Pop highlighter. Worth every single penny.


Many of you have been asking about highlighting and contouring- and I think this would be very helpful! The areas that are lighter is where you would place your highlight, it is the natural areas where the sun would hit your face. The darker areas is obviously the contour spots where you would go in with your bronzer and create that shadow on your face.

 


I kept my eyes very simple since I knew I would be adding the dramatic touch with the red lip. I first filled in my brows with the Ulta Brow tint which is very comparable to the Benefit Gimme Brow and will save you a lot of money. I have re purchased this product a number of times and love it! I love the gel formula because its going to add color to fill in the sparse areas in your brows and also lock the hairs in place. Just killin' 2 birds with one stone here people. I then added a bit of color to my lid with the Maybelline Color Tattoo in bad to the bronze. I applied this right with my finger all of my lid... and that is that. Nothing fancy over here. I just added a pop of highlight to the corner of my eyes and brow bone with the Becca Highlight and that was it!


For mascara lately I have been LOVING this Maybelline Lash Sensational. After curling my lashes this adds even more curl to my lashes and does not flake all of my face after the day is done. It defines my lashes, separates and lengthens my lashes and that is all I want in a mascara. Highly Suggest this! Before adding the red lipstsick, or any lipstick for that matter you should prep your lips. ESPECIALLY with matte lipsticks. They show any and all dry spots and if you don't prep your lips it can look... well, rough. Literally. This is the Lush lip scrub in bubblegum. It has a very gritty texture and you just scrub it into your lips to get away any dry skin to leave your lips extra soft. This stuff smells and tastes amazing! All Lush products are made right in the store with all natural ingredients, its amazing. If you have never been to their location they have one in Providence Place Mall and its awesome- definitely check it out. 

To complete the look I applied the Revelon Color Burst in Standout. This exceeded all expectations that I had set. This applies very creamy and also has a minty smell which I love. It applies matte and dries to even more of a matte finish that lasts all day. I am not kidding when I say I ate and drank ( a lot) and only had two touch ups. It lasted all day and I even had someone while tailgating ask me what was on my lips. I can't wait to try this in other shades for the fall. I am going to conquer my fear and rock the dark lip sticks this year. I always think they look amazing on everyone else, so why can't I wear them?! This year.. will be my year. Get ready! For the last step I locked everything into place with the Loreal Infallible setting spray. I swear by this stuff and I honestly don't know why. I mean it obviously works wonders and I can totally tell a difference when I don't use it... but why? What is a setting spray?! How does it work?! All I know is this stuff is magic and I will continue to use it to keep my makeup locked into place all day. If someone knows how or why this stuff works, help a sister out. 






I know how distant I have been from the blog lately, and your cries for a post are loud and clear. If you follow me on social media you know that I have been oh so busy lately, so many exciting things happening for me! I recently purchased a new car and I am obsessed. I never realized how hard it was to buy a car. Not the actual process of going in and buying, but sitting down and doing research is crazy! This was my first adult purchase and I didn't want to settle. I have had my eye on a Honda Civic for a very long time and worked very hard in order to afford this car, because to me it was the car I have always wanted. I am so proud of myself, and I love it so very much. It is perfect. 


And in the most exciting news front, my sister Megan, and her boyfriend Ben, welcomed a perfect little baby girl into the world. Introducing to all of you, Ember Orleans Dupont born on August 24th. 


She is truly perfect and I could stare at her all day long. Only at a week old she has made such an impact on my crazy family. With Lillian turning 4 next month, we saw her grow up right before our eyes when we saw them meet just yesterday. She stepped right up and was ready to hold her cousin and take care of her, it was emotional. 

She said, "Now there are 2 princesses!".. I think she may have her math off just a little bit because obviously there are 3, and by 3 I mean Lillian, Ember and myself. And yes, yes those are matching outfits. Thanks to yours truly, I can't get over the cuteness. 

And obviously this big guy right here. I can't believe how old and grown up he is. He is the most kind hearted soul and watching him hold a baby like a pro is crazy. I remember just holding him like this and seeing him look up at me, and now he can rock the baby to sleep himself without even practicing. Ethan Benjamin, you have grown up way to quickly. 


There are very few things in my life that makes me happier than my family. I am so lucky, and I am reminded every single day. I am back to where I belong in life, I am happy, and I found the light at the end of that tunnel I was struggling to get out of. I did it, and if you find yourself struggling; look around you, the best things could be hiding in plain sight. 


I am Carrie again, and if nothing else an even better version of myself. I learned a lot about who I am, and I should never settle for anything less than butterflies- and neither should any of you.


Comments

Popular Posts