New Additions to the Beauty Family


This weather calls for a day of blogs, coffee and cozy sweatpants; 
and that is exactly what I plan on doing today. 



I have been testing out a few beauty products for about a month now and I figured I was in a good spot to give you an accurate opinion on them. Thankfully each product that I picked up to try I have fallen in love with and I think they will all become a permanent part of my day to day makeup routine.  In even better news, two of the products that I have been trying are under $5 drugstore products!! There is nothing better than that! I was hesitant to try them out since they usually are junk but I have really been pleasantly surprised! Go get you some! 


On Black Friday I picked up "Big Fatty" by Urban Decay and my life changed. This mascara is everything that a girl wants. It lengthens, adds volume, applies evenly, defines & separates. The color of this mascara is also very black so it makes your eyes really pop! I usually stay with a brown mascara because my skin is so fair- but I really have been loving the drastic look of making my eyes standout. I am absolutely still using my "younique fiber lashes"-I usually only use that at night since it is such a statement eye- but I think that this product is a great alternative for day to day! 



Although it isn't advertised as a waterproof mascara this stuff does NOT come off. Even at night when I remove my makeup from the day this doesn't budge.. which is good and bad. That is my only complaint; I really have to use a liquid eye-makeup remover and a makeup wipe to remove the mascara entirely. This however will not make me hesitate from repurchasing this... I think this is a new favorite for me! 

Next is one of the new drugstore favorites! This is a Wet n' Wild pressed powder in light/medium. I have been applying this with my Maybelline Fit Me liquid foundation (mentioned in previous blog) as a setting powder. I was using the Maybelline pressed powder but it began to not hold my shine back as much anymore. I get super shiny in my "T-zone" and so I have to be sure to use a powder every day. Some people can get away without using one each day but unfortunately I am not one of the lucky ones. (there could be worse things in life). 

The powder is super soft and applies evenly not leaving the skin cakey whatsoever. I purchased the light/medium shade and I have no issues with blending and it absorbs any excess oils on my skin leaving my face even and matte toned. I do wish that this product had a mirror on the inside so I could touch up easier throughout the day- but for only $2.99 I am pretty sure I could manage without. TRY THIS OUT! I am serious- you will not be disappointed, I swear. 



The two lip products I have been trying out are an A+ for me and my skin tone. I will be doing an entire blog on the new Maybelline Matte Lipsticks once I get my hands on the last two colors in the line, which I can't find ANYWHERE! Anyways, the product swatched on-top is a new Bare Minerals lip gloss in "Cupcake". The color of this lipgloss is gorgeous it is a peachy pink with gold shimmer and in the sun it is perfect. The color pigmentation of this is amazing with just one swipe that is the color you will achieve. I have been loving this for everyday since it is so effortless. The consistency is pretty thick and a tad sticky which I normally hate but this is definitely tolerable. 

The bottom swatch is from the Maybelline Mattes line, in Nude Embrace. I have purchased 4 of these lipsticks already and I cannot say enough good things about them. For a $7 lipstick you cannot go wrong! I am a huge fan of matte lipsticks in general but this line just is amazing. They apply easily which is tough for mattes and they are long wearing. Once you let the product set for about 10 to 15 minutes they don't move even during eating and drinking. Highly recommend. Again, I will be doing an entire blog on my first impression along with swatches once I get my hands on the last two colors. 



Again, another $2.99 product that you cannot avoid any longer. This is the NYC Smooth Finish Bronzer in 720A Sunny. I would of never thought to try out this product until I saw quite a few You-Tube beauty gurus rave about it. This is the perfect matte bronzer for me. I think I am sensing a theme here... I just love a matte face. I love a shimmer shadow for lids but I prefer a matte finish for my skin. The color of this bronzer is hard to find in drugstores, it doesn't leave an orange finish and is an easily bendable product to apply. . 


Personally, I think this is very natural looking bronzer and secretly, I have 2 more on backup. I feel as if someone is going to let the secret out on how amazing this product is for $3 that its going to disappear or have a huge jump in price. So get your hands on some now! I picked mine up at Target, but I know CVS also sells this particular one


Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy in Pocket Aces and Diamond Top Coat 4


I have expressed my love for this line of nail polishes before... but just so you all know I am still obsessed. I was previously just using "Out the Door" top coat but I have now switched over to this Revlon Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat. Don't be surprised that I have also been using this as a base coat and it creates the perfect canvas for a long wearing nail polish. This stuff is like GLUE! Any brand nail polish that I apply with this base/top coat combination makes it almost invincible to any chips and leaves your mani perfect for days! I do wish that the Gel Envy line did offer my color selection at my local Target but for only $5 I have bought almost every color they do offer. I am obsessed with this line, It really does give a gel like finish and a perfect manicure for a week... 
sign me up! 


I always get nervous trying new beauty products since you never know what your going to get and you don't want to waste your money. All the items I mentioned are definitely worth every penny and I think each one could be used on just about any skin tone.

If there is something you have been eager to try but need an opinion first from a real person-
 let me know on Twitter or Facebook.
 I would love to give it a try and do a first impressions blog on it. 




In other news I came across this on Pinterst the other
 night and I just couldn't resistsharing it with all of you.
 Just a reminder of what the holidays are all about. 


Make somebodies day today.


"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." 
-Philo 




twitter:cadaigle15
instagram:caadaigle

Comments

  1. Have you thought of getting ipsy? You pay $10 a month and they send you a new cosmetic bag full of samples every month. Sometimes they'll even send you full size products! I absolutely love it. It lets me try out all different kinds of products.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts