Disney FAQ

Where is your favorite place to be? Is it down at the beach, listening to the waves crash against the shore line? Is it flying down a mountain on skis with fresh pine trees lining the slopes? A lake house with the crickets chirping along in the background? What is your "happy place"? Don't get me wrong, I could sit down by the water relaxing any day but if you truly want to make me happiest, take me to Disney. 


I recently just returned from a trip to Disney, and while I was there I thought about all of the people that were rocking their "1st Disney trip" pin. I can't imagine all of the chaos and confusion going on in their mind for their first trip. No idea what to expect or how deeply they would fall in love with Cinderellas castle on Main Street, USA. The amount of money that you spend to go on vacation, I wanted to share a few things that I have learned about Disney; in hopes that you can get the most of your stay at Mickey's house. 


Q. What is the Dining Plan and is it worth the money?
A. Every time I have been to Disney, My family and I always use the Disney dining plan. They offer a few options for plans, but we only have used the basic plan. This will cover each person in your room for 1 snack a day, 1 quick service meal, and 1 sit down meal PER day. Personally, we use the snack in the park, and would purchase a quick muffin or bagel at the resort. The quick service we would use for lunch, a burger, pizza, salad...etc. For a sit down meal this is what we would use for a dinner reservation. This may sound absolutely ridiculous but you need to make your reservations for your meals 6 months in advance in order to get into the restaurants of your choice. Under the dining plan you will still need to pay the tip on your sit down meal and any alcoholic beverage. Disney food is SO overpriced that the dining plan is worth every penny. I don't think that we would ever do Disney without the dining plan.



Q. Where is the best place to meet the princesses/characters?
A. I have a small confession. Two years ago when we had a family trip to Disney; my mom waited with me in line to meet Rapunzel for 2 hours, we cried after we left. I am not ashamed... okay, well maybe I am just a little bit. IF your crazy like me, you can wait in line to meet characters at various locations in each park. HOWEVER the best way in my opinion to meet the characters is at a character meal. Most of these are buffet options, but each character at the meal will come to your individual table, sign your autograph book and take pictures. It takes the time out of waiting in line and your also sitting down and relaxing your tired feet. My favorite character meals are Chef Mickeys and 1900 Park Fare. At Chef Mickeys you will meet Mickey and the gang and 1900 Park Fare you will meet Cinderella, fairy godmother, evil step sisters and Prince Charming. And if you are as lucky as I was, maybe Prince Charming will ask you to dance... I am not lying.


Q. What is your favorite adult beverage in Disney? 
A. Without hesitation, grey goose slush. You can find these in the France Pavilion in Epcot. I also learned from one of my favorite Disney addicts... ask for it in a "to-go" cup; you get extra! ALSO: order two... just trust me on this one.


Q. Where are all of your custom shirts & ears from?
A. Mickey isn't the only one who makes dreams come true, my aunt is pretty awesome too! As seen in the pictures; my cousin and I are rockin' the best shirts in Disney. They are available for order from my aunt as well as the Lilly Pulitzer Mickey ears. Each shirt worn during my trip was made by her, we received so many compliments; I mean, LOOK AT THEM!




Q. What is Disney Springs?
A. The best way for my to describe it is, Patriot Place. This was previously known as Downtown Disney, and is open to the public. Since there is no park admission necessary, this area tends to be a bit busier. They have a variety of shops, Disney and not so Disney related. They have some great restaurants such as Paridiso37, Wolfgang Puck and Splitsville. This last trip we watched the Patriots game here and it was such an awesome experience; not to mention the WIN! This area is still under construction so getting on and off the bus is a bit of hassle right now, so just make sure you bring your patience when you visit this area! I wouldn't skip it though; definitely worth the trip!! Not to mention, the HUGE world of Disney store; when I say huge, I mean... HUGE.



Q. Favorite Show? 
A. I have two, that's fair right? My favorite show of all time is Fantasmic in Hollywood Studios. It is something I will see over and over again and never get sick of it. It is so amazing and unexpected. I don't want to give away anything but you HAVE to see this show. Also if you book your dining for that night at Mama Melrose or Hollywood & Vine you will get VIP seating for the show directly in the middle of the stadium. Again; this is a MUST MUST MUST see. The other show you have to see before leaving Disney is the Wishes Firework Show. This is the infamous fireworks over the castle show, it is the epitome of Disney are is so magical. Tinkerbell flies over the castle while the fireworks light up the sky. I promise you that you have never seen fireworks like these. It is breathtaking. I may have shed a tear the first time I saw them. It is just the perfect ending to a long day at the park.


Q. Where do I start?!
A. I may know a thing or two about Disney, but not like this magical lady! Every trip that I have been on we have contacted Kathy to help us create our magic. She works for Disney and will help you every single step of the way to make your trip the most magical experience. If you are interested in booking or getting quotes you can fill out one of her forms and she will contact you back and get you started! When you book a vacation you will need to put down a $200 deposit to hold your room and pay off the trip 45 days before you take off. Kathy takes all of the stress out of planning and will book your magical express airport pickup, send your travel documents and apply any discounts that are released. I will ALWAYS book with her, and I have recommended her to many many people and they are always highly satisfied! Contact her today, she will fill your day with pixie dust. (:




Let me give you a quick run down of a few things you should know 
before taking on the World of Disney. 
  1. It is perfectly normal to see adults get excited about meeting a character. Don't judge me.
  2. If you are from New England or anywhere that gets chilly; be prepared to sweat. Bring sunscreen, seriously. 
  3. In October it will get very hot during the day but the evenings can be cool, a light sweater may be helpful. In September, it will be hot.. all day long. 
  4. They clean everything, I mean everything. You could eat off the ground.
  5. You cannot buy gum in Disney, anywhere. Believe it or not. 
  6. Be prepared for crowds and strollers. You have to expect this or your going to be stressed out. Don't worry, you will get wherever you have to be. Don't stress the small stuff.
  7. There is nothing like hearing Mickey say, "OH BOY!"
  8. Pay attention to everything.
  9. The characters are hysterical and will never break their persona. 
  10. You will wait in line.
  11. You will walk a lot.
  12. ...and you will walk even more.
  13. You will not be able to do everything you want, no matter how hard that you try.
  14. There is a 3oclock parade in Magic Kingdom everyday; its fantastic. 
  15. Plan your trip before hand. Start the magic early and make your vacation all you imagine it to be. Take notes of closing times, layouts and rides you want to go on.
  16. DOWNLOAD THE MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE APP NOW! this is a god sent.
  17. Just go with the flow, nothing works out perfectly. Remember, your on vacation. 
  18. You will be tired.
  19. You may need a vacation, from a vacation. But the magic is so worth it.
  20. Take portable chargers with you.
  21. There is free wifi everywhere. Its a beautiful thing.
  22. Everybody is nice, super nice.
  23. You will be tired.
  24. It is simply magical, I can't even describe it.
  25. Invest in some good sneakers, that is all you will wear during your stay. 
  26. The buses and transportation is awesome. 
  27. You will leave exhausted, but already planning your next trip.

I think that I will always be a Disney Junkie. In my eyes the magic will never fade and seeing everyone around me enjoy it makes me even happier, There will always be new memories and more adventures waiting to be seen. When I am in Disney there is nothing else in the world that exists. Walt Disney was an amazing man and I can't believe the world that he left behind for all of us to enjoy. Share the magic with your family; do your research, ask questions, book a trip. 



I am already planning my next trip "HOME".





Comments

Popular Posts