Tryin' some new stuff

I have been trying out new products like crazy lately! I feel like my “go-to” products have changed entirely since the last time I updated my recent favorites! The drug stores have really impressed me with their new products and I can’t resist trying them out.

Hello, my name is Carrie, and I have a makeup addiction.

The first step is admitting it, right?!




The first product that I have been using like crazy to help my super dry skin is by St. Ives. This is the Skin Renewing body lotion- it claims to visibly improve skins elasticity for younger looking skin. I didn't purchase this product for that reasoning. I actually picked it up because my little sister had been using it and I loved it. Clearly I had to buy my own because 22 & 19 year olds still have an issue with sharing. I love this lotion because it leaves my skin extra soft and doesn't leave behind a greasy residue. I apply this head to toe after the shower daily and it won't irritate the eczema that I get this time of the year. I think that this is a perfect lotion for any skin type and also it doesn't have a really strong scent- I highly recommend trying this lotion!

Next is a product that I had drifted apart from a year ago when I was trying other new items for my hair. This is the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny hair serum- and it smells amazing! I have been apply this to my damp hair after getting out of the shower starting from the ends and working the way to the roots. All you need is a very small amount because if you apply too much it will leave your hair really greasy- and that is not a good look for anybody! The serum really helps with the frizz and static, leaving your hair soft and silky all day long. I have been pairing this with the Paul Mitchell Color Care shampoo & conditioner since I recently got a haircut and added some balayage highlights. I will have an update and review on that shampoo once I give it a fair trial run, maybe a “hair do’s & don’ts blog”? What do you guys think?


PS- my new hair cut is also a favorite! Ekkk! I already want it to be blonder…



PSA: IF YOU ARE NOT 21 I AM NOT ENCOURAGING UNDERAGE DRINKING!

This Mango Moscato is amazing. It is a sweet, bubbly, refreshing wine that is perfect for any occasion. You just have to try it for yourself. This is my mom and I’s favorite go to beverage for a night of Grey’s Anatomy cuddled up on the couch. 


I dont't know where the best place to start is with this new product. I have been trying out this "paste" for about 2 weeks now using it every other day. It is a very gritty scrub that you apply to DRY skin for about 60 seconds and then rinse off and your skin basically glows afterwards. If you want a less intense scrub you can also mix with a bit of water onto a damp face and you will still have beautiful results. I have been trying out a few products from this line including the Soothe gentle cream wash and pairing this with the Soothe moisture replenishing cream and it has transformed my skin. I have received so many compliments on how bright and flawless my skin has been appearing. The Soothe line is perfect for my skin because of the redness but they also have different products for many skin types. I am already ready to order a full size so that I never have to be without! I only received a sample size and I have been trying to hang on to every last drop because I can't imagine my skin care routine without these items! You unfortunately cant purchase this line in any retail stores but of course I am going to hook all of you up with some coupons for you to all get a chance to try this stuff first hand! 




If you visit THIS WEBSITE and order a product, they will waive your initial "Preferred Customer" fee of $19.99-- you are already saving $20!! You will then get 10% off and free shipping-- each regiment that you purchase will last you 60 days- and that is if you use the product twice a day! That is a lot of bang for your buck and trust me, it is SO worth it! EVERY product that this company sells is 100% money back guarantee up to sixty days- even if the bottle is empty they will stand behind their brand and reimburse you if you are not happy with your results. That shows a lot about the company and the pride they have in their business. 




I am a mascara guru. I love trying new brands, brushes, colors.. you name it- I have probably tried it. Out of all the drug store mascaras I have ever tried I THINK this one is my newest favorite. I had been using the "Big Fatty" by Urban Decay and I still love that- but it is such a pain to remove even though it isn't a waterproof mascara, it applies like one. This mascara I have is in blackish brown- and I have been using it for about 2 months now... and I still feel like I have a brand new bottle. Almost like a never ending tube of mascara... its weird. It gives my lashes length and volume without having to apply 3 coats. I still use my eye-lash curler before each application and pairing the two together gives me gorgeous full lashes. 

This is my secret to my eye-shadow routine, or lack there of. This shadow stick by Rimmel in Bulletproof Beige is a perfect everyday look. I don't apply anything else to my lids except for this product for my day to day look. I picked this product up at Target (surprise, surprise) and it has been a heaven sent item for me. It is super creamy and you just apply it right to the lid, no blending, no brushes... its magical. They have a few other colors that I am tempted to try, lets be honest I will probably own all of them. 


This shadow stick is going to be gorgeous during the summer with a glow-ey summer look and wavy tosseled hair- so effortlessly beautiful.  



To achieve those beautifully tosseled beach waves a dry shampoo is probably necessary. Just because its called "dry shampoo" does not mean that you have dirty hair, you can use this product to add volume to flat hair. Like mine. Just apply this Batiste Dry Shampoo to your roots and rub it in with your finger tips to add a perfect lift to your lifeless hair. Be sure to shake the bottle well before applying or it will leave a white residue in your hair, that's not gonna be good. If you are going to be using this for a refresher between washes it is best to apply this the night before so that there is plenty of time for the oil to be absorbed- that's the secret.. shh! 



Last product, I promise! This is a new adventure for me, but it is the Ulta Brow Tint in "light". I have been LOVING this! You have to learn that you need to be very light handed with this gel and to be sure to wipe an excess off the brush before applying or the gel will be too dark. If you can manage to do that- this gel is amazing. It is very light weight and keeps your brows locked in place all day! I was tempted to try the Benefit "Gimme Brow" but figured I would try out the cheaper alternative before spending $24 on a tinted brow gel. I am so glad that I did! Get into Ulta or order this product online, it is so much easier to use than a pencil or powder. Definitely a time saver!



PHEW- are you guys as wiped out as I am?! This day light savings thing has really brought me down today! The only bright side (PUN INTENDED) is that spring is right around the corner! I can't wait to start dressing for spring and summer and trying out new styles! What are you spring time must haves? I'd love to hear & maybe try them out for myself! Who knows, maybe they would end up in blog post! 

I am also planning a VERY VERY big blog post for me in May. It will be my birthday month and I want to share something with all of you who have done so much for me! TRUST me you want to be following my blog and keeping updated so that you can be involved! I am really excited and can't wait! Keep sharing & supporting! You guys are really just the best! 



Instagram: caadaigle


Comments

Popular Posts