I'm still here!

I could go on and on with how busy I have been, but I don’t want to bore all of you. Although I do have some exciting news; this is my first post of 2015 and I am writing it from our new home!



Thanks to Juno (the Blizzard of 2015), I have been FORCED to stay inside and finally relax… and unpack a box or two.  With 2 feet of snow quickly accumulating outside I thought today would be a good day to try out the longevity of the new Maybelline Fit me Matte. If you have been following my blog you know that I loved the Maybelline Fit me Original- so when I walked past this product at Target I had to stop! They also sell a Matte setting powder that goes with this product, but I decided to pass on that for now. I have found a powder that really works for my skin and as the saying goes,
 if  it ain’t broke don’t fix it.


Before I applied my makeup this morning I washed my face with a new face wash that I just picked up. I was intrigued by the yellow color, the size of the bottle and the price for a Neutrogena product. I grabbed this wash at Wal-Mart for $6.00! I never shop there, but when I stopped in specifically for face wash and saw the prices and how much cheaper they were… I MAY have to occasionally brave the crowds to save a few dollars.  I then followed up with my Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel that I have still been loving! I raved about it in a recent post and I haven’t stopped using it since. If you haven’t tried this you have to; it is so moisturizing and makes your skin feel like silk. I am obsessed. Lastly, I am using Chapstick in cherry just to help with my super chapped lips—my boyfriend recommended this and I am actually very pleasantly surprised on how much this really has helped me so far. Even better than my holy grail; Nivea A Kiss of Recovery.  



I then applied my makeup as I do every day…

10AM...

The product applied very evenly and was a very lightweight feeling. It dries very quickly & doesn't leave the skin feeling sticky at all. I only applied a thin layer since I have pretty even skin to begin with- but if you have some trouble areas this could be used as a full coverage foundation. I was very impressed with the coverage and how matte that it did apply. I set this with the Maybelline fit me powder --orginal. It doesn't add any extra coverage but it keeps the skin smooth and keeps the oil away. 

2PM...

This was a few hours later after I had applied it- and I actually took a quick power nap in between this time and it still held up pretty good. Obviously my lip gloss has worn off but everything else is pretty much the same. The coverage is still perfect and the oil has definitely stayed away this long. 


530PM...

FINAL RECAP:

PROS-
build-able coverage
no weird foundation smell
not a sticky finish
long-wearing
matte finish 
sets quickly

CONS- 
packaging-- I just don't like that it comes without a pump. I feel as if I waste product when I pour this onto the back of my hand. It is a thinner foundation so a lot of it comes out without me being able to stop it. If this came in a bottle like the Revlon Photoready foundation I would be 100% sold! I will continue to try this again and again until I can have a final verdict;but as a first impression I loved it! 





These are the products that I used to create the simple day to day look. Obviously I used the Maybelline fit me Matte for the foundation paired with the fit me powder. I then bronzed very lightly around the temples of my face and my cheeks. The Physicans Formula shimmer brick is amazing-- I use it for everything! I applied this very lightly on the apples of my cheeks for a highlight and then used the lightest shade for the inner corners of my eyes. For the outer lids I used my bronzer just to create the illusion of larger eye lids- since mine are so small! The rose gold eye liner I applied on my upper lash line and used the naked basic pallet on my lower lash line instead of liner. My eyes are just so small to begin with that when I line them entirely they almost disappear on my face.






I wanted to take a moment to recognize the passing of a very special woman who raised her beautiful family in Seekonk. Amy passed away hours before her 38th birthday from Breast Cancer.  Although I was never lucky enough to know Amy personally, I feel as If I have been impacted from her loss as well. The town that I live in has all gathered together to show love and support to Amy’s family as they try to stay positive during this difficult time.  Driving through town and seeing pink bows on mailboxes, front doors and light posts has brought me to the verge of tears many times—like I said, I never met Amy… but to know that she meant that much to so many people I know how beautiful she truly is.



To me, when I see the ribbons I don’t just think about her passing- I think about how the people of a small town can come together and support each other. Maybe to you the ribbons symbolize Alzheimer’s disease, lung disease, domestic abuse, alcoholism… the list is endless, but know that you are never alone. There are so many people around you that will be there to support you and pray for you. On the Seekonk Turns Pink Facebook page, there are people all over the world who never met Amy that are wearing pink just to show their love. They are also selling shirts to show support for theDuggan family for $15- 100% of the proceeds from the shirts are going directlyto Dana Farber Research Center.


If you can’t purchase a t-shirt, place a ribbon on your mailbox…it doesn’t have to be pink; whatever color that you chose we will all know that you are supporting ANYONE who needs positive thoughts and prayers during a difficult time or even just a smile when they drive by. Remember, you are never alone.



RIP Amy Duggan. 
My thoughts and prayers are with your beautiful family. <3

Comments

Popular Posts