Falling for Fall

As I finally sit down to write this blog, I look out my window to the flaming color of brilliance that decorate the trees and the ground below. The coffee in my hand giving off a sweet aroma and the warmth of the blanket I am wrapped in while the rain slowly drips down the window panes.  This is fall in New England; This is what I live for.

I have decided that this fall I am going to try out a few of the fads that occur during this season. I am not one who usually falls into trends, I like to remain "Carrie" and be who I am and like what I like, without being per-swayed by anyone else. Since my make-up challenge I have felt more like myself than I ever have. My ability to brush off the opinion of others on my hair, make-up, clothing or any other materialistic nonsense has made me so grounded. Now without worrying about all of that it has given me the time to focus on the real important things that surround me.

I feel so old. I know, I know, I sound ridiculous. At the prime age of 22 I feel way beyond my years; not physically just mentally.  The amount of time during the day that I sit and reflect on my life and the years ahead is more than an average adult of my age. I just feel so thankful for everything I have and during this time of year especially. With the holidays upon all of us I challenge you to sit and think silently about your life; what is the best part? what can you change if your unhappy? are you holding a grudge? did you tell someone you loved them today? You are in control of your life; make changes, be happy and love with everything you have. I promise you that you can live this life to its fullest.. you only live once,right?

 Betsy Johnson Trench- $132

People are used to seeing the normal neutral trenches, why not spice it up? Wear a pastel one, metallic one or even rock it with heels and a skirt to amp it up even more. 

Steve Madden- $79


Leopard print is the trend that never seems to dissipate. While this pattern works basically year round, it is gorgeous for fall and winter with darker colors. Pair these with navies, browns, blacks and grays to add that pop of personality to any outfit! 


Nordstrom- $65

I love that this is a effortless look, the polka-dot isn't something I have ever worn but I am going to give it my best shot! I would pair this with a statement necklace and maybe some ankle boots to dress it up for night out. Chances are, you already have some sort of this classic print in your closet.. break it out for fall and make your own spin on this timeless look. 

I am the worst offender of only wearing black during the fall and winter. I am LOVING these jewel tones for this fall and winter and hopefully I can break up the darkness of my daily looks with these pops of color. The emerald green is calling my name and I can't wait to try styling my day to day looks with these colors!

What are some of the fall trends that your digging this fall? 



twitter: cadaigle15
instagram: caadaigle




Comments

Popular Posts